Chapter 7

Chapter 7 :)

On Monday, I just saw glimpses of Paxton. He looked fairly upset and depressed. He even skipped lunch so I had to eat alone. I knew I would see him after school so it didnt bother me too much. Once I saw his head hung low over his Math book, I knew something was really wrong. When I sat down he ignored me. When I said hi, he ignored me.

"Paxton, Paxton!" I shouted at him.

"What?!" He said glaring at me and clearly pissed.

"Why are you like this?"

"Because I like you." He muttered.

"And I like you too. So whats wrong with that?" I asked. He didnt want to say what he knew.

I touched his hand and said," Please tell me."

"Your going to hate me."

"What did you do?!" I said sternly. Hopefully he wasnt on drugs. That would be bad.

"I got a girl pregnant."

"Who?!" I shrieked.

"Briella..." Briella's a senior. Wow he really did get around a lot. "Are you sure it's yours?"

"I use protection, but she wasnt on birth control and we slept together a few times and that was a month ago and now she's pregnant."

"So that means...?"

"We cant be together. Im so sorry." He went in to kiss me, but I pushed him away.

"For once in my life, I thought I had something special. It turns out you can't trust hormonal guys."

He looked like he was going to cry. I know he doesnt want to be father. Yet, it is his fault. Why does he have to be such a player? Why do I have to like him?

I couldn't look him in the eye for the next week. I canceled the tutoring sessions and studied in the lubrary during lunch so I wouldnt have to see him. I got a lump in my throat every time I saw him with Briella. I almost wished it was me, but I could see that there relationship was strained and they were just trying to make it work for the baby. I started to talk to Justin again. He still wanted to date me, I could tell, but he didnt try anything.

A few Saturdays later, he asked me to a party. I accepted. The day before, I had seen Paxton kiss Briella and rub her growing bump. Hate raged through my body. I dont know why it had. I guess I hated myself for fallin for him and believin that he fell as hard for me.