Chapter 4

Two Days Later......

"This is a bad idea," Ian noted, tapping the staircase railing at the bottom of the staircase. "Are you sure that they won't get hurt?"

"Positive!" William said with a happy grin. "I did this when I was a kid and nothing bad happened. Besides, it'll be fun!" He quickly went up the stairs and ran to a room. "You ready, guys?"

"Ready!" three voices exclaimed.

"Then come on out." Suddenly, a bed mattress came out into the same hallway where William was and the three kids, Jack, Crow, and Yusei, tried to pick it up. William chuckled a bit and helped them out, bringing the mattress over to the stairs. The group dropped it just before the mattress would let itself fall down the staircase. While this was happening, James and Keiza walked over to the bottom of the stairs.

"What's going on?" James asked Ian, somewhat curious.

"Look up the stairs and find out," Ian said. James and Keiza looked and the latter's eyes widened in distress.

"William Gray, what are you doing?!" Keiza exclaimed. "Are you trying to get them killed?"

"They won't die," William said, sighing a bit. "At worst, they'll get a few scraps."

"A FEW?!"

"We'll be okay," little Yusei said with a smile.

"The only one that could get hurt is Crow because he's in the front," little Jack said.

"Why do I have to be in the front?" little Crow whined.

"You wanted to be in the front!"

"That's because Yus didn't want to!"

"Okay you two, let's not fight," William advised them. "Let's just have some fun, okay?" The three nodded and sat down on the mattress with little Crow in the front, little Yusei in the middle, and little Jack in the back. William grabbed the mattress part that was behind Jack and said,

"Hang on tight, you three!" He then pushed the mattress so that it can fall down the stairs. The three hung on to the mattress fabric and laughed, going down the staircase and bumping onto each stair step. The three at the bottom of the steps got out of the way as the mattress made its grand entrance with three passengers on board. Keiza rolled her eyes playfully as William ran down the stairs and asked, "So how was the ride?"

"It was awesome!" little Crow yelled. "Can we do that again?"

"Not now," James spoke. "It's time for lunch."

"Is it ramen?" Jack asked quickly.

"No, it's not, little man. But I know it's something really good because Lizzy made it. So let's go eat!" The three small boys nodded and ran off to where the food was.

"Must you do something reckless all the time?" Keiza asked William after they left.

"Aw come on!" he said, patting her head. "As long as no one gets hurt, everything is okay. We have lots of fun and need to have those moments." She gave William a funny look but then laughed a bit, agreeing with him. In the past few days, the group had to adjust with Crow, Yusei, and Jack being kids but they managed as much as possible. The three slept in a bedroom upstairs where some of the other boys were staying because they shouldn't be left alone at the warehouse, the place where they were living. The gang also cautioned themselves on how to take care of the three boys. They were anxious about space-time continuum, which could disrupt the future as they knew it, and took it upon themselves to limit what the boys should and should not know. However, there have been no problems so far and the kids were really happy living in the house with the group. But the team kept wondering how long the potion will last and if they could ever find an antidote...

"I'm hungry," James said, his stomach grumbling. "I'm gonna go and eat."

"Me too," Keiza agreed. William nodded as well and they went to the kitchen. They couldn't find anyone in the kitchen but heard commotion next door, a good sized dining room to fit a lot of people. There the threesome found their friends eating and talking, sitting around the table.

"You started eating without us?" William told them.

"You guys were taking too long!" Ryan answered. "And the little guys were hungry."

"Oh okay. What's on the menu today?"

"Teriyaki chicken and rice!" Lizzy announced proudly.

"Yes!" James screamed. Everyone else stared at him because of his exclamation, and he blushed in embarrassment, quickly sitting down on a chair near a plate of food.

"There is no need for shame when it comes to food, buddy," Dylan chuckled. "We've all had the same experience."

"Yeah!" Lizzy agreed with a smile. "While I was cooking this, my stomach was growling a lot. So you're not alone." James smiled back at her and began to eat, leaving Keiza and William to join in. The entire group relaxed as they ate, not knowing what to do next after the meal. The little boys finished their food earlier than the rest of the gang and tried to wait patiently for them to finish. The one that finished first was Aaliyah, and the kids almost begged her to play with them. She laughed quite a bit and agreed to play, letting the boys smile and run out of the room to find something to play with.

"Sorry Lizzy, I guess I can't help you with the dishes," Aaliyah said sadly. Lizzy shrugged it off and said,

"Don't worry about it. You go have fun." Aaliyah nodded and went off to find the kids.

"You want any help since Ali can't do it?" Keiza asked Lizzy. She was already grabbing the dishes from the table to help out.

"Okay!" Lizzy exclaimed with a sweet smile. "I'm always happy for some help."

"I'll help too," Dylan said.

"I'll go make sure that Ali doesn't do something crazy," William announced, getting up from his seat. He walked out, and Ian and Ryan followed him.

"James, did you get the mail yet?" Keiza asked curiously. James didn't say anything for a few seconds and went out of the room silently.

"He forgot," Dylan concluded, going to the kitchen with some dishes.

"Oh James," Keiza said with a slight giggle. "He always forgets the mail."

"Yup!" Lizzy exclaimed. The three started cleaning while the others did their own tasks.

I know it's not the weekend but I completely forgot that I'll be gone this weekend and may not have internet! So I'm posting this early so that I can keep posting regularly. I'll be back on Sunday so I may post something else but I'm not sure. I just want to get it in early.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and don't be afraid to give me good criticism. I don't mind it! Have a great day! :)