Chapter 15

"Hey everyone, look what I found in the garage!" William exclaimed, carrying a big electronic board with a stand into the living room and dropping it on the couch. The group gathered around the couch and were surprised.

"Awesome!!" James announced. "We have a keyboard! Now we got the music."

"Sweet!" Keiza said happily.

"A keyboard?" little Crow repeated. "What's that?"

"It's an instrument that makes music," Aaliyah explained.

"An instrument?"

"Yeah! Here, we'll show you." She turned the keyboard upside down and looked at its exterior a bit.

"Uh Ali," Ryan began, "the power button is on the other side of the keyboard."

"Oh," Aaliyah said, kind of embarrassed. "I knew that." She turned the board back and pressed the power button. She pressed it again and after a few seconds press the button very fast.

"Would this help?" little Yusei asked, holding up the power plug.

"....Yes, yes it would."

"But before that, let's get the stand up so that we can set the piano on it," Ian advised. The group agreed and put the keyboard on its stand and placed it near a power outlet. Aaliyah plugged in the keyboard cord and turned on the electric instrument. She pressed one of the keys and the key made its unique sound.

"All right, it works!" she said with a grin. "Who wants to play first?"

"I will, I will!" Keiza said excitedly, almost jumping up in the air. "I totally want to!"

"Then go ahead!"

"Yay!" Keiza grabbed a small stool and sat down in front of the piano. She cracked her knuckles slowly to get her fingers more flexible and began to play a little song. Everyone else watched her in awe. She finally finished the song after a few minutes and everyone applauded.

"Still got it, huh?" Lizzy smiled with a little wink.

"You know it!" Keiza exclaimed with a hint of sass.

"I wanna try, I wanna try!" little Crow shouted. He went in front of the piano and played a few random notes, smiling happily. The other two kids wanted to have a turn so they started playing keys on the keyboard, having fun.

"Settle down, you three," Dylan said with a chuckle. "That's a lot of noise you're making. You might hurt our ears." The kids stopped and said,

"Sorry."

"It's okay. But just be careful to not hurt anyone's ears. We need our ears to hear."

"Speaking of that," James began with a tiny smirk, "why don't we listen to Dylan play a song for us?"

"Yeah play us a song, music man!" Lizzy smiled. "You've always been good at the piano like Keiza."

"Nah it's okay," Dylan said with a nervous chuckle. "I haven't played since we got to the city. I don't think I'm that good anymore."

"Come on, it'll be fun! It doesn't hurt to try." The rest of the group kept encouraging him to play and finally Dylan gave in, sitting down in front of the piano. He took a relaxing breath and thought,

"I got this. I've done it since I was a kid and I won't stop now!" He grinned and began to play one of his favorite upbeat songs. The group cheered and clapped along to the beat of the song. Dylan grinned more and began to sing the song, having fun in the process. (See the media above! :))

"Woohoo!" Ryan exclaimed. "Go Dylan!" He began to sing along too, although he wasn't the best singer out there. But he wanted to have fun with his friend so he sang. James and Keiza decided to dance along to the music, holding each other close and laughing. The others started dancing to the song until everyone was doing it. Sometimes everyone would trip on each other's feet because of their close proximity to one another but they didn't care. Soon the song was done and everyone clapped for Dylan. The pianist did a tiny bow and said,

"Does anyone else want to try?"

"I don't think anyone can top that!" Keiza said. "Of course I can try but it won't be that good."

"How do you play?" little Jack asked, looking at the keys on the board. "It looks difficult to play."

"It's actually not too hard to play. Want me to show you?"

"Okay." Keiza tried to scoot over on the stool but she ended up falling to the ground, helping softly. She then laughed and exclaimed,

"I need a bigger stool!"

"I got you, Keiza!" William said, bringing over a chair and replacing the stool with it. Then Keiza and little Jack sat on the chair and the former began to teach the latter an easy song she knew with two parts. The boy had a hard time playing his part at first but he got the hang of it after a while, playing the song with Keiza. Little Crow and Yusei watched, wanting to play too when they get a chance. As soon as Keiza and little Jack stop playing, the other two kids asked if they could play the piano too. Keiza smiled and asked Dylan to help out, grabbing another chair to sit on. Soon the four were playing on the piano happily as the rest of the group watched them.

"I hope this doesn't affect their future," William whispered to Ryan and Lizzy.

"Oh yeah," Ryan said softly in surprise. "I forgot about that..."

"Well, at least they'll be music literate when they get back to normal," Lizzy chuckled.

"Have you figured out an antidote yet, Lizzy?"

"No, I haven't. I need to figure out a way to get it working. I've been trying to turn it red but it hasn't worked for some reason."

"How much love have you given it?" William asked with a raised eyebrow.

"That's kind of weird, dude," Ryan noted. "Are you sure that's what she puts in the potions?"

"Whenever Lizzy makes a potion with a specific purpose, she puts her whole heart in it for the people she gives it to. That's what I meant." Lizzy's eyes widened as he mentioned that and she ran over to the kitchen.

"Was that the ingredient I was missing?!" she thought to herself. She got to the kitchen and stared at the locked cupboard. "Every time I heal," she said to herself, "I would bring my empathy into my magic..did I not have empathy beforehand?" She thought more about this until William and Ryan entered the room.

"Hey, are you okay?" William asked in concern. "Did I say something wrong?"

"No you didn't," Lizzy responded with a small smile. " it I think you helped me find the solution. I just need to find out how to execute it when I make the potion."

"Wait, you're gonna make the potion again?!"

"I will soon. Just not right now."

"Hey!" little Crow exclaimed, running in the kitchen. "You have to watch us play! It's cool." The three looked at each other and nodded with a smile, following the little boy to see what accomplishment was made.

Hello everyone, good to see you! You're probably wondering why I'm posting this in the middle of the week. Well, I'm gonna update more often now! I was able to finish what I needed to with this story so now I will update on weekdays and weekends!

I hope you enjoy the story so far and if you want you can comment and vote!

See you next chapter! :)