Chapter 16

"All right kids, it's time for a bedtime story!" William exclaimed in their bedroom.

"Yay!" little Crow said, getting comfy under the bed covers. "Will it be a good one?"

"Of course it will! Because Lizzy is telling a story!!"

"Eh?!" Lizzy yelled from out of the room. She came to the bedroom, holding a toothbrush in her hand. "I'm telling a story tonight?!"

"Yes, you are!" William grinned, patting Lizzy's shoulder and walked out of the room. "Have fun!"

"William Gray, I will knock you hard to the ground!!!" Lizzy almost went out of the room but then remembered that three little boys were waiting for her to tell a story. "I'll be back, okay? I have to brush my teeth and punch someone in the face!" She immediately ran out of the room, leaving the there to question what was going on.

"Do you think Lizzy will actually punch Will?" little Yusei asked.

"It's likely," little Jack said. "But we can see what happens."

"I still want a bedtime story!" little Crow said. Suddenly, Lizzy ran into the room while sliding her feet on the ground. However she realized that the ground was carpet too late and fell down on her face. The three laughed as she got up from the ground.

"And that was your comic relief for the night," Lizzy smiled, blushing a bit. "Now it's time to settle down and tell a story."

"What kind of bedtime story are you gonna tell?" one of the boys asked.

"Hmm, let me think..." Lizzy had never told a bedtime story before, even though she liked to be with kids a lot. She thought for a while and then had an idea. "Have my friends told you about Yuina yet?"

"No," the kids responded.

"Ooooh!" Lizzy giggled. "Then this will be fun!" She rubbed her hands together happily and cleared her throat, ready to begin. "A long, long time ago, a group of voyagers lived in a small town near the sea. They would journey from the town to the sea to explore the world around them. As time went on, the little town grew into a big city!"

"Was it as big as New Domino?" little Jack asked.

"Good question! I honestly have no idea but I think it was a bit smaller than this city. I'm not sure though. Anyway, the city folk were still traveling to the sea at that the time until the day when the people discovered a sacred island where they can easily travel to unknown places across time. So the people made their way to that island and settled on that island. That place became Yuina."

"So what was that other city?" little Crow said.

"Not many know," Lizzy admitted. "They say that the city is still thriving today but no one knows."

"Do people travel across the sea now?"

"Not exactly.....a lot of the voyagers perished in a storm while coming back to Yuina. The citizens felt so scared to go back out there that they shut themselves out from the outside. They used a big barrier for protection and banned adventuring outside of the barrier."

"Is this city outside the barrier?" little Yusei asked.

"It actually is!" Lizzy chuckled. "And how we got here is an entirely different story!"

"How is this possible?!" Jarod exclaimed, checking through all of the city's radars on the computer. "The computer says that a ton of people have disappeared!" Lizzy looked at the computer in shock and asked,

"Who left?"

"That's what I'm finding out!" Jarod immediately checked the records of all the people of Yuina and scrolled down names that have been labeled 'MISSING'. The two gasped loudly as many of the people they knew were gone, and they didn't know how to get them back.

"They're gone...." Lizzy said, tears in her eyes. "They're all gone....James, Ali, Will, Keiza, Summer, Xavier, my little Melody.." She fell to the ground and started sobbing uncontrollably. "It's all my fault!!"

"No Lizzy," Jarod said, hugging her. "It's not your fault for not seeing this. No one did, but we got to get them back somehow. We'll find them, sis!" Lizzy nodded with tears in her eyes and she looked out her brother's window, and saw a ray of red light that connected the sky with the sea inside the barrier. Her eyes widened in fascination as she drew close to the window, soon touching the glass. Jarod joined her and said, "What is that?"

"It's......it's our only hope! They're probably out there in that light."

"Sis, we can't rely on probably. We have to be sure." Lizzy turned to him with a fierce look in her eyes.

"Jarod, we have no choice," she spoke boldly. "We have to find out what's out there! It's the only way." Her brother looked at her and smiled, seeing how serious she was. He hugged her again and said,

"Liz, I can't come with you. The watch guards will find us if we go together....but you can."

"What?!" Lizzy exclaimed, tears in her eyes. "I-I can't go without you. I need you with me!"

"It's better that way," Jarod said. "Two people leaving the city is dangerous..but if one goes, you won't get caught. Besides, I need to be here to protect our remaining friends." Lizzy looked at her brother's eyes and nodded, understanding what he's saying. She laid her forehead on his and closed her eyes.

"I'll be back soon," she said softly. "And when I do, I'll bring everyone back!"

"I know you will," her brother said. He secretly grabbed something out of his pocket and put it into hers, smiling a little. "Good luck, sis."

"Thanks, big brother."

Lizzy smiled a little after telling that part of the story. However, she didn't mention that she was the one that left the city to find everyone. She didn't know why she was being so honest to the three but it was a feeling that needed to be expressed, a tale that needed to be said. "It's a little strange, isn't it?"

"Not really," little Jack smiled.

"Are you gonna find your way home?" little Crow asked quickly. At that moment, everyone else came into the room. They couldn't help but hear the story and stood just outside of the doorway until they decided to come in.

"Let's just say we're working on that," William said. "But we have more important things to worry about right now."

"Really, what's that?"

"Being with you guys, of course!" Ryan smiled. "We've known you guys for six and a half months now and we're not gonna let you go that easily."

"Even though I wouldn't have put it that way," James began, "I agree with Ryan. You might not know it or will remember in the future, but you three, Akiza, Luna, and Leo became family in our eyes. Family don't separate that easily, and we won't until the day we can't be together anymore."

"That's gonna be a long time," little Yusei noted.

"Oh we know, buddy. We know. But we all need sleep so that we can hang out tomorrow!"

"Yes, I want sleep!" Dylan said, running out of the room.

"Me too!" Ryan exclaimed, going out of the room. "I just hope I get a bed this time!" Everyone laughed and said their goodnights to each other, leaving three happy boys to fall asleep on their beds.

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and the story so far!

See ya next chapter! :)