Chapter 22

Lizzy poured out the red antidote she created into three small cups, confident that the concoction made would certainly bring the incident to an end. Akiza, Leo, and Luna left the warehouse earlier, trusting that the others will do the job. She gave two of the cups to James and Aaliyah, saying,

"This should do the trick! Are they in bed now?"

"Just about," James answered. "All that's needed is the potions and they'll be knocked out."

"I'm really gonna miss them as kids," Aaliyah said with a sigh. "They were so cute."

"Ali," Lizzy began, putting her hand on Aaliyah's shoulder, all you have to do is befriend a small child and I'm sure you will be satisfied with cuteness for awhile." Aaliyah laughed and walked off to where Crow's room was.

"I'm going off to Jack," James said. "You wanna come?"

"Nah, it's okay!" Lizzy grinned. "I have a little friend that likes to sleep on the couch for some reason." She looked over at little Yusei, who was getting under the blanket. "You guys go on ahead and let them drink the potion. James nodded and was off to where Jack was sleeping.

****************************

"Okay little man, are you ready?" Aaliyah asked. "Once you drink this, there's no going back...or at least I think."

"I'm ready!" little Crow smiled.

"Just remember us when you get to the other side, okay?" William said, sitting on the bed next to Crow.

"What do you mean? I'll remember you guys!"

"I think he means remembering us in a way that involves this incident," Ian said, trying to explain it as best as he could.

"Oh okay!" little Crow said. "Could I do one more thing before I drink it?"

"Sure, what is it?" The young boy got out of the bed covers to hug Aaliyah, William, and Ian. The three were surprised but hugged him back happily. Little Crow got back under the covers as Aaliyah handed him the cup. The boy drank the elixir and was out in seconds.

***************************

"Will it hurt?" little Jack asked, looking at the cup in James' hand.

"The potion?" James said. "Oh, it won't hurt a bit! After you drink it, you'll be sound asleep. There's no pain whatsoever."

"Yup!" Ryan grinned. "It'll happen as fast as a deer!"

"A deer?" Keiza repeated. "Really, Ryan?"

"It's the only analogy I could come up with! I'm not that smart like you guys."

"Okay, relax guys," James said with a chuckle. "I think you're scaring-" He grunted and held the cup tight, hoping that it won't spill. The reason why he grunted was because Jack suddenly wrapped his arms around James, hugging him tight. James looked at the boy and smiled, hugging back gently.

"Thanks," little Jack said softly.

"For what?"

"For being with us for over a month."

"You're welcome, buddy!"

"Group hug time!" Ryan exclaimed, hugging James in the process. Keiza giggled and joined the hug too.

"G-Guys, that's too tight!" James said, still holding out the potion but it was getting close to the boy. "Get out of the hug, please!" But Keiza and Ryan didn't for a few seconds, and when they did James noticed that the cup that was in his hand was gone. He quickly looked at Jack and found that the boy drank what was in the cup and fell back on the bed, barely holding onto the cup.

"Do you think that was faster than a deer?" Ryan asked, seeing Jack knocked out already.

"Probably," James replied.

*****************************

"Buddy, all you have to do is drink the potion," Dylan began to say to little Yusei, " and you'll be back to normal."

"Yup, it's that simple!" Lizzy smiled with a wink. The child looked at the cup in his hand and swirled the potion around a little, thinking. Lizzy could tell that something was bothering him so she asked, "What's on your mind, my friend?"

"When I go back to normal," little Yusei began, "will I remember any of this?"

"Oh, thats a tough question," Lizzy replied. "I....I honestly don't know. I can't think of any instances where a person would remember something like this after they return to normal, not even the books I've read say anything." The boy sighed in disappointment and kept staring at the cup, wondering what will happen next. "But if it's something that brought a change inside your heart," Lizzy said. "I'm sure you can remember it somehow."

"How?" little Yusei asked. "Will my mind go crazy if I try to remember?"

"Yusei, it's not a memory that can come from the mind. It's more of a heart memory."

"Yeah, it comes from right here!" Dylan exclaimed, poking the left side of the child's chest. "And if you're lucky, your heart will do things like this!" He started to tickle the boy, who laughed happily. Lizzy rolled her eyes playfully and giggled. "Ready to take the potion now?" Dylan asked the boy.
"I guess," the boy said. "But what if I get bad dreams again? What am I supposed to do?"

"Uh....."

"I got this," Lizzy said. "Remember when you had my teddy? Well, just pretend that it's right there beside you."

"But that's hard!" little Yusei protested. "And you guys are leaving too! I don't want you to leave!"

"Oh, I see what's going on," Dylan said, sitting next to the boy on the couch. "You've grown very attached to us, right?" The boy nodded slowly, not exactly wanting to admit that. Lizzy smiled warmly and stated,

"There's no place in the world where we won't be with you. Even though we aren't there physically, we'll be if you remember us. You can do that, right?" Little Yusei merely nodded and hugged Lizzy tight. The girl hugged back just as tight and Dylan joined in the hug. Lizzy and Dylan let go but the little boy didn't. In fact, the boy touched both of their foreheads with his briefly before letting go. Dylan had a questioned look on his face as Lizzy's eyes widened.

"Keiza told me that when you're really close to someone, you touch foreheads with them sometimes," little Yusei explained. "Did I do it right?"

"Y-Yeah, you did!" Lizzy exclaimed with a small blush. "Are you ready now, my friend?"

"I am now." The boy drank the liquid in his cup and fell on the couch on his back, passed out.

"Wow, that was fast," Dylan noted. "Do you think they'll transform in a dramatic sort of way?"

"Not sure," Lizzy answered. "But let's get out of here before anything weird happens." Dylan agreed and went out of the warehouse with her. Everyone else soon went out of the building as well and traveled home, satisfied that their job was done.

Thanks for reading and see you all next chapter! :)