Chapter 20

"Are you sure about this?" William whispered to Lizzy. "You didn't make it last time."

'"I think I'll be okay," she answered quietly. "If I can beat him in a fight, he'll probably leave us alone."

"You sure?"

"No, but I don't have any other ideas."

"Okay...just be careful. We don't need you to get hurt."

"You got it, buddy!" The two touched foreheads briefly and fist bumped. Lizzy looked at Zargan and started to walk towards him, only to be stopped by little Jack, Crow, and Yusei. The girl chuckled a bit and said,

"I have to do this, you three. Zargan wants me, not anyone else."

"If it was anyone else, we'd do the same thing," little Jack said plainly. "We're not losing our friends again." The other two kids nodded in agreement.

"Don't worry, I'll be okay. I'm more confident than last time and my magic power returned. It will be just fine."

"No, don't go!" little Yusei cried desperately, gripping Lizzy's hand. Lizzy glanced at the three and soon at Zargan, who somehow was waiting patiently for her. She didn't want her young friends to worry but the evil man would hurt everyone she cared for, which included the kids. The girl knelt down and placed her free hand underneath little Yusei's hand, smiling.

"It'll be all right, my friend. Trust me." The young boy stared at her, not knowing what else he could do except let her go. He bit his lip and let go of Lizzy's hand sadly. "Don't be sad, Yusei. I'll be back before you know it!" He nodded with a smile as the other two boys did too. Lizzy stood back up and walked to Zargon.

"Are you finally ready for your demise?" the man asked.

"Nope," Lizzy said honestly. "However, I'm ready to take you down!"

"Let's see what you got!" Zargon held out his hands and it began to glow with purple and black hues, showing his dark power quickly. Lizzy was surprised and remembered how dim and slow her magic came out last time. She bit her lip a tiny bit but kept her cool, setting herself up in a simple stance with her hands held out to "collect" the magic. She closed her eyes and began to concentrate, not thinking of anything else except to reach out for her power. The bright yellow color that she was looking for glowed inside of her palms, growing at each breath she takes. Zargon's eyes widened as he wanted to get the same glow she was getting. So he began to concentrate on his magic too, and soon it was a competition to see who can show off their magic the most. The group just kept watching, surprised that an actual fight hasn't happened yet. Lizzy finally opened her eyes and smiled confidently. Her eye hue was like the sun's rays, the exact color of the magic she held in her hands. "No," Zargon said in shocked. "How is that possible?!"

"Looks like my magic came to me after all," Lizzy grinned. "Now it is time for the real battle to begin!" She made a small ball of magic in her right hand and threw it towards Zargon with full force. The man easily dodged it and created his own dark magic sphere. However, it was a larger sphere than Lizzy's and he threw it as fast as he could towards the girl. Lizzy narrowed her eyes and caught the thrown ball and hurled it towards the sky, letting it disappear. Zargon gritted his teeth and said,

"Not bad, kid. Is that all you got?" Lizzy shook her head and asked,

"How about you?"

"I'm just getting started!" The man summoned a small black staff with a dark blue orb circling the top of the staff. He started to chant words in an unknown language and the staff's orb grew larger as he chanted. Lizzy wasn't too surprised because magicians have the ability to do this but her friends were shocked.

"Okay, what is that guy doing?!" Aaliyah asked loudly. "It doesn't make sense!"

"Of course not!" Lizzy said. "That's because the only magicians you've seen are me, William, and Melody. We definitely don't do that."

"I know I don't!" William agreed. As the man chanted, the magic he drew from the staff started to take shape into a creature, changing shapes as the process went on. Lizzy got a bit closer and saw that she didn't recognize the monster at all, however everyone else did.

"Uh, what's that?" Lizzy asked the group, who were backing away from the fight.

"That's one of his Duel Monsters!" James answered. "That's Tragoedia!"

".......eh? You mean to tell me that Zargon's magical ability is to summon his mons-" She was interrupted by a huge roar. Lizzy turned back to her opponent and saw the huge spider-like monster, and her eyes widened. She didn't remember seeing this monster before and thought, "Okay, this is new..I don't think I've been in this situation before."

"Hahaha!" Zargon yelled. "Didn't see that coming, did you? This is my special ability: I can bring any of my Duel Monsters into battle and make it fight alongside me."

"Make it?" Lizzy repeated. "You're not forcing your monster to do this, are you? Monsters have minds of their own too."

"The only thing that the monster has in its mind is to obey its master," her opponent said. "That is all it needs to even think about!"

"Really now? Would you like me to show you?"

"Heh, if you can even try!"

"Oh, I bet I can!" Lizzy got out her duel disk and activated it, determined to show him what she was talking about. "Luna, could you help me out?" The young girl nodded and ran over to Lizzy's side.

"What do you need?" Luna asked.

"Could I tap into your ability to talk to Duel Monster spirits?"

"O-Of course! But how are you going to do that?"

"I'm a magician like that guy in front of me; there's a lot of things us magicians can do. I need you to touch my arm when I tell you to. Can you do that for me, please?"

"Ok!" Lizzy smiled at Luna and concentrated on forming magic in the palm of her hands. She took a few deep breaths and put the magic she created in her right palm, letting it spread out until it surfaced her entire right hand. She then placed two fingers on the first card in the deck and said,

"Do it now, Luna!" The girl nodded and touched her arm in that instant. Zargon realized what Lizzy was doing and ordered Tragoedia to attack her and Luna. The monster obeyed and was about to strike the two until a bright light shone from Lizzy's duel disk and a girl with white wings came out of the disk, striking the monster. Lizzy grinned happily and exclaimed,

"Tragoedia, meet my Synchro Monster: Splendid Magiciar, Arista!. Arista, meet Tragoedia." Lizzy's monster narrowed her eyes at the opponent's monster and said,

"My, my, this is interesting. Was this summoned by magic alone, Mistress?"

"Y-Yup!" Lizzy exclaimed, surprised that Arista was talking to her. "You don't have to call me Mistress; Lizzy is just fine."

"Very well, Mistress Lizzy. I will attack when you give the order."

"Uh.....go on ahead and attack then!" Arista nodded and proceeded to use her magic to attack Tragoedia. "How do you do this all the time?" Lizzy whispered to Luna.

"You'll get used to it," Luna giggled with a smile.

"Grrrrr," Zargon said. "Why must you get in my way?!"

"Because you're hurting my friends," Lizzy said with crossed arms. "I suggest you go away before your monster gets hurt." Zargon yelled in anger and immediately disappeared, along with the monster.

"You are impressive, kid," Zargon said after disappearing. "I will have to be more prepared next time."

All right, this chapter is finished! Thanks for reading and see you next chapter! :)