Chapter Twenty

A/N - Warning for mentions of violence (Quinn please stop) it's not domestic violence. It's just what happened to Knott.

************************************************* 

Kongpob

Kongpob was devastated.  He didn't know where Arthit was.  He was not answering his calls or responding to his texts.  Toota had looked at him with disgust the following day.  Prem and Bright were confused as to why Arthit took off leaving Kongpob behind.

Kongpob called Arthit's home.  His mother spoke to him like she always did and asked how Arthit was. 

Arthit was missing Kongpob was worried.  Arthit had never left his side before.  No matter how hard things got, Arthit was always there.  He knew he went too far this time, almost strangling Arthit in anger.  Kongpob will never be able to forgive himself for that.

Kongpob always wanted to give Arthit the best.  He came from a middle-class family.  They weren't poor nor were they rich.  His mother often complained about how her friends had a better life than her.  His father tried his best to provide for his mother, but the complaints never stopped.  Kongpob's father would come home drunk and fight with his mother.  He loved his mother dearly.  But he thought his father was not at fault.  His mother never left his father either.  She always told him his father wasn't a bad man.  That his father only got angry sometimes.

Kongpob didn't want to end up like his father.  At his deathbed, his father had asked him to be so successful that no one would ever look down on him.

Knott was the reason Arthit went missing.  Was Knott keeping Arthit at his house?  Arthit was disappointed in him at the moment.  Kongpob had to make Arthit see the truth.  Arthit had to see how much he needed Arthit in his life.

Kongpob waited in his car at the parking lot of Knott's office.  It was already late in the evening when he saw Knott walking to his own car.  He came out quietly and went up to Knott.  Kongpob pulled Knott from his shirt smashing his head against the wall before Knott had time to react.

"Kongpob..." Knott said weakly.

"Where are you keeping him you bastard!  I know you are hiding him from me."  Kongpob hissed repeatedly smashing Knott's head on the wall.

Knott was starting to lose consciousness.

"We are married!  Arthit is my husband!  I won't let you take my husband away from me!  If you don't send him back to me, I will hurt him."

It was an empty threat, it was clear Knott still had feelings for Arthit.  Knott left Arthit once for his happiness. He would do it again.

Knott was unconscious and bleeding, he was still breathing.  He is going to be fine, Kongpob thought, leaving Knott on the ground as he left the building.

********************

Arthit

Arthit rushed to the hospital.  Prem and Toota were outside of the ICU.  Toota was carrying a sleeping Theia.  Their worried expressions scared Arthit.

"What happened?" he asked them.

"We are not sure. Someone found him unconscious next to his car and called emergency services," Prem answered.

"What did the police say?" Arthit asked.

"They are still speaking to the doctor, Fang is with them."