~Chapter 2~

Preview

"Hey", she looks up at me, "let's get drunk"

"What?"

"Yeah, in the house of course", before I can even say something, she grabs my hand and we walk to the kitchen.

Kenzie's POV

"Uhm, I won't. You can if you want to, though", I say and raise my hands in the air

"Oh I will", Tessa says and opens the cabinet. She takes out vodka and a glass and puts it on the counter. I notice her staring at the glass.

"Something wrong?", I ask and furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

She looks up at me and smiles.

"Nah, I won't need this", she puts the glass back in the cabinet and sits on one of the stools around the counter.

I decide to just jump on the trampoline while she drinks. I just hope she's not drinking all the time, I don't drink at all so to have that kind of friend would be tough. I look at her as she swallows the alcohol in her mouth, closing her eyes. This will probably take a while but I probably wouldn't be sleeping right now so it's okay.

"I just drank 5 shots", she says and giggles.

"Okay", I smile to her, not knowing what to say.

I jump off of the trampoline and grab my phone from the counter. I don't have my headphones or earphones downstairs so I play a song really quietly and press the phone against my ear.

It passed what seemed like a 10 minutes and I got really bored. Firstly, I can't even hear the song I'm listening to because I turned the volume on minimum...and when you are listening to a song with the volume down you feel like you're not even listening a song. That's why I need my headphones! Tessa and I aren't even talking, I'm just here. She looks so sad, though. Like she's drinking to forget about something.

"Oooooh", she says after trying to stand up but failing. I walk to her and help her stand up, putting her arm around my neck, "I feel dizz-dizz-dizzy"

"I figured that out", we walk upstairs and to our bathroom. She sits by the toilet and stares at it.

———

After holding Tessa's hair while she's vomiting and putting her back to bed, I change into a random comfy hoodie and shorts. I put ny hair into a messy bun and walk downstairs to clean the stuff that Tessa has left in the kitchen. I grab a water bottle and walk upstairs opening it. As I walk to my room I bump into someone, spilling my water alk over him.

I look up and see a very familiar pair of blue eyes, the same eyes that I can't stop thinking of.

"Oh shit. I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to, I wasn't looking and-", I speak up but stop when I see Emilio walking away to his bedroom.

I stand there shocked for a few seconds. You see, these small things that he says or does break my heart. And like, 2 hours earlier he was telling me about his childhood and we were laughing and having a good time. And now, he stares at me for 10 seconds and then just walks away. Okay, I did spill my water all over his shirt but to get that mad?

I'll just see how tomorrow goes.

———

I woke up about an hour ago but it took me really long to get out of bed...blame me, it was just warm and nice. After realising I really need to get out of bed, I sat up and stared at the plain wall.