droplets

WARNING: SLIGHTLY TRIGGERING I THINK IDK.

Neither Luke or Belle had apologised to me yet. It had been a week since the argument. I hadn't even spoken to Michael for weeks now. I couldn't believe they were blaming me for something I couldn't control. Well at least I thought they were. Of course in their eyes they were doing what was for the best for me but was it really? Because last time I checked, I was doing fine without them knowing.

Anyway, I had other things to think about. Exams were coming up soon and so I had been spending my lunches in the library, studying. If my friends or ex-friends I may as well say, were still around, I probably wouldn't study at all.

The school day was now over. I walked to my locker, got my books and finally left school. I was late out of class due to falling asleep during the lesson and getting punished for it. Having to write out the reasons why it was important to listen during class was definitely not the highlight of my week.

I walked out of the front gates of my school to see my bus leaving.

"Shit." I whispered under my breath.

I had no choice but to walk home. It was warm enough so I wasn't too bothered. I started walking up the small uphill road that lead to my home when I heard the sound of one of my favourite bands playing loudly through someone's earphones. I couldn't ignore the music, I loved it. I started to slightly bob my head along to the music feeling secretly thankful that the person had a decent taste in music.

I turned around to see Calum Hood walking a few metres behind me on the opposite end of the road. He clearly hadn't noticed me as he was looking down and his hair was sweeped across his face. I really did not care to talk to anyone at this point in time, so I carried on walking.
Lately I had been avoiding Calum because firstly, I didn't want to take out my anger on him because he seemed like a pretty genuine guy and secondly I had too much studying to do.

Suddenly, I realised I had to cross the road to get to my road. If I crossed the road now, Calum would surely notice me. However I didn't really have much choice and so I looked around for any cars before crossing. The most I was going to give him was a hello, if even that. But boy was that guy talkative. There was probably no escaping small talk.

I walked briskly, but had to stop when I saw Calum was only a few feet behind me. It was a little too awkward to just ignore him.

"Hey Sam." he said quietly while taking his earphones out.

"Hey Calum." I replied. Go away. My brain said but my heart said stay. What? Organs can't speak.

"I didn't know you walked this way." he stated with a puzzled look on his face.

"I don't usually. I get the bus but I missed it today." I answered.

"Oh right. So... Where do you live? Sorry, that sounded weird. I'm not a crazy stalker. I hope it didn't come off that way. I'll shut up now." he said timidly.

I laughed, "I understand what you mean, don't worry. I live near Coastal Park. On Track Lane?" I said, not expecting him to know where that was.

"Oh that's cool. I live on Upper Heals Street just a few blocks down from there." he said in reply. His unruly hair was blowing in the wind and I noticed all the different shades of brown in his hair. I really wanted to play with his hair. It was so fluffy. But that was strange. I hardly knew Calum.

I smiled at him and his lips parted slightly, as if to say something, but he never did. So in order to break the uncomfortable silence, I decided to speak.
"Why don't you get the bus? I mean it is a 25 minute walk to Coastal Park from school. I'm sure you used to get the bus." I asked. Calum was definitely a regular user of public transport but recently I hadn't seen him around.