storm pt.1

literally listen to disconnected for the next few chapters because it actually fits in so much, ive linked the song on the side :)

---------------------------

Sam's P.O.V:

My favourite lyric when I was getting better was "for all the things that you're alive to feel, just let the pain remind you hearts can heal."

It was true. The pain of losing my peers, family, the pains of life as a whole and my sicknesses let me know that I was human. I was living and breathing and I could feel these things. The sadness reminded me that I was indeed alive. It reminded me that if I was dead. I wouldn't be able to feel at all. Which at some times seemed like a good thing. But then I realised I wouldn't be able to feel the butterflies when I kissed someone I loved or the relief when my parents weren't fighting or the happiness when I finally got better. It was these little things that mattered. It was feeling pain that made me human. It was healing that made me alive.

It had been five days since I last saw Calum. I was worried when I didn't really have a reason to be. He could take care of himself, plus he was rich so he might be on holiday for all I know. I needed to stop worrying. We had just become friends so I was just being irrational.

Calum had started to become a massive part of my life. I liked his everything. I felt the best with him and everything was effortless even if I put in a lot of effort.

I walked to school again today, hoping that I would come across Calum. I had some sort of obsession with the guy. But I had to be there for him you know? He needed me just as much as I need him because without my old friends I didn't really have anyone that really cared about me.

I was at my locker when I spotted Calum hiding behind the lockers nearby. As I approached him, he saw me and he walked away.

"Calum! Caluuuuuuum." I shouted, getting strange looks from people within school.

He finally turned around and looked at me.

"Where have you been the past five days?! I've been worried about you. You haven't replied to any of my messages or anything." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, sorry. I was... I-I was busy." he replied quietly. He wouldn't even look at me directly. He was constantly looking down.

"How could you be busy enough to miss school?!" I laughed a little too loudly.

"I just was... Sorry I can't... um... talk about it." he said. He was shifting awkwardly against the lockers.

"Oh okay... That's cool. I bet it was something great." I said.

I immediately regretted saying that when he laughed very awkwardly. Something was definitely wrong. I didn't know Calum that well but he definitely wasn't okay. The closer I looked, the worse he looked. He was extremely pale, he had sweater paws and was covering himself up. He also looked way skinnier than last week. I knew what was happening. I knew what was wrong. The same thing had happened to me. Calum reflected me when I was in the first stages of anorexia. But still I didn't say anything.

"Calum what's up? Something is wrong." I said intuitively.

"Nothing, I'm okay." he said.

"You don't look okay. You don't have to tell me what's wrong if you don't want to but I'm always here for you." I said sternly.

"I'm okay, you don't need to worry about me." he said. He was playing with his sleeves constantly.

"Okay." I said, but I couldn't help but worry.