Chapter 88

After mine and Eleanor’s massive heart to heart with our Chinese take away, our parents finally come home and start telling us about everything they did. I’m so glad they’re here. I don’t feel safe without them after what I’ve just been through so I kind of feel protected now that they’re here. Eleanor and I have decided that we’re not going to tell them about what happened and just say that me and Conor had a bit of an argument because I don’t want them to think any differently of Conor. My Dad likes him and if he ever changed his mind about Conor, that would just be hell.

“We walked up so many hills and the views up there were incredible. Especially when it was dark” Lauren smiles widely. I smile in amusement at all their stories from today. They sound like they’ve had an amazing time. Lucky for some.

“We saw a couple of deer’s too but Lauren was too scared to go closer to them” Mum rolls her eyes and I start laughing.

“Lauren, that’s so like you” I laugh and she groans.

“So what did you two get up to?” Mum smiles, and mine and Eleanor’s faces drop as we look back and forth between our parents and each other.

“We um, we just stayed at home and um-“

“We watched loads of films and had a Chinese” Eleanor thankfully interrupts me and everyone just stares at us.

“You two need to get out of the house” Matt breaks the awkward silence and we just nod.

“Anyway, I’m tired” I lie and look at Eleanor.

“Oh yeah, um, me too” she stands up from the sofa and walks out of the room with me.

“We really need to work on this” I tell her and she nods in agreement.

“We’re not really going to bed are we?” she asks, pulling a face.

“No” I shrug and walk up to my room. We sit on my bed and both get our laptops out. “You’re not coming back after Sweden” I sigh and she does the same.

“I’m going to miss you loads” she pouts.

“Aw, Eleanor” I squeal and give her a hug. “We’ll call each other and Skype every day. By the end of the holiday, you’ll be sick of me anyway. I mean, we just had our first real argument earlier because we’ve spent too much time with each other” I laugh and she rolls her eyes.

“Right you two” Mum interrupts our conversation, walking into the room with Lauren and closing the door behind her. “Tell us what really happened today”

“What? We watched films and had a Chinese” I tell them and Eleanor nods, backing me up.

“We weren’t born yesterday. Lucy, you’re my daughter, I know when you’re lying” Mum raises her eyebrow.

“Yeah, same with me” Lauren glares at Eleanor and we both gulp.

“Well, you can’t tell Dad” I sigh.

“Lucy!” Eleanor gasps.

“They’re gonna find out when they see Conor anyway” I roll my eyes. How’s he going to explain his swollen face?

“We won’t tell your Dad” Lauren laughs.

“Right, well I went out with Conor today and we met up with Alex and his cousin again and Conor looked like he was flirting with her and stuff and I felt left out again so I just went back inside. Then Ben came over completely unexpectedly-“

“Oh God” Mum groans.

“I know!” I agree. “And he said he just wanted to see me so I invited him in and he started complaining about me and Conor being together and was saying that I’d be better with him and that I don’t love Conor and stuff. But then he apologised and everything and I was crying so he gave me a hug, and then Conor walked in-“