6

2012
4 years ago
Amber
I run out of the bar as my eyes start to swell with tears. It was twenty degrees and I had no jacket. I'm in New York with Adam, Sauli, Tommy-basically everybody from the 'Trespassing' tour, and now my ex-boyfriend, Samuel.

How many times am I going to trick myself? Into falling in love. He was the fifth boyfriend I had in the last eleven years. But he threw everything in the trash for no reason.

Things were perfectly fine just three hours ago. And look where we are now. He's probably hitting on another girl right now as the boys try to find me.

I find a pitch black alleyway and bury myself in there. I slump against the wall and pull my body down. I bring my knees up to my chest and I sit there, freezing cold, sobbing.

It felt good to get away. I moved here from London two years ago. I was born and raised there. I didn't expect my first year in a new country, in America, to be terrible.

My sisters death still haunts me. And people say I'm crazy. But I believe them. No matter how many times my parents or Adam say I'm not crazy, I don't believe them.

I love Adam to death. He's my brother from another mother. My sisters death brought us close. I never expected to meet him in that kind of matter.

A light lightens the dark alleyway,"Amber?"

"Turn the flashlight off. I want to be left alone."

The light goes off but the footsteps come closer. The moon lightened the alleyway a little as Tommy, Sauli, and Adam stand in front of me.

Adam sighs as I turn my head away. I feel him come closer to me as he sits down next to me. He wraps an arm around my shoulders and pulls me closer to him.

"Girl, you're like an ice cube!"

He unwraps his arm as I turn my head to see him taking his jacket off,"Adam, no, don't take your jacket off for me."

"Amber, you're freezing cold. I'll survive." He puts the jacket on me pulls me closer once again.

"Yeah, I won't survive."

"What do you mean by that?" Sauli asks as he puts a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"My life. My sister two years ago, still no justice, and now this. I feel like burying myself in a hole and staying there.

Sauli takes a seat next Adam and Tommy takes a seat next to me. "Don't say that."

I send Tommy a brief smile. "Thanks."

Adam kisses my forehead as he pulls Sauli closer to him and I pull Tommy closer to me. "What was he doing after?"

"Adam knocked him out."

I look at Adam and lift an eyebrow at him,"why?"

"He was kissing another girl! I had to knock him out for your sake!"

"Adam!" Sauli smacked Adam in the back of his head and Adam groaned in pain.

"Well, that's heartbreaking to know. But thanks, Adam."

"No problem. He deserved it."

"I guess he did."

"No, he deserved it alright. He gave Adam a black eye." Tommy clenches his fists.

"What?!" I turn my head quickly and look at Adam, whose right eye was swelled up.

"We wanted to take him to the emergency room and Tommy and I could find you, but he refused."

"I didn't want to go to the emergency room not knowing where you were."

I wrap my arms around the boys and pull them closer to me. "Thanks, guys. I'm lucky to have you guys in my life."

Adam kisses my head. "And we're lucky to have you in our lives."