22

Amber
I just stood there in shock. He loves me. Adam Mitchel Lambert, the man who saved my life seven years ago, eventually becoming my best friend, is in love with me.

I finally kiss him back, which made him pull me closer him and not stop. Eventually, we pulled away from each other. He rests his forehead on mine.

"I'm sorry, Adam." I break away from his grip. I walk towards the door but he stops me.

"Don't leave me."

"I just..." I stare into his hypnotizing crystal blue eyes, "I just can't. I'm not ready."

"Do you love me?"

I grin at him. I've been in love with him for five years already, but I always knew he would never love me. I thought he'd marry Sauli, have kids with him. But they broke up four years ago. I thought that breakup ruined Adam for good. I always thought he wouldn't move on. But now..., now he's in love again. With me.

"For five years, Adam."

He stares at me and smiles. "I understand that you're not ready. But I just wanted to know. And I wanted you to know that I'm in love with you." He chuckles nervously.

I couldn't help it. I crashed my lips onto his. Adam Mitchel Lambert was in love. In love with me. Amber Mallory Anderson. He's in love with me and I'm in love with him.

We pull away. I rest my head on his chest. "Maybe I am ready. I don't know."

He rubs my back. "You don't have to give me an answer yet."

"But what if I can't wait, Angel?"

He smiles at the nickname. "Angel? I like it. No more Sherlock?"

"Now you ruined the moment."

"I'm sorry. But what do you mean?"

I look down at my engagement ring. I take the ring off and throw it off to the side. He lifts an eyebrow at me. I cup his face and I peck his lips. "I'm nervous, I'm sorry."

"Don't be."

He puts a strand of hair behind my ear. He kisses my forehead. "I love you. No matter what gets in the way, I love you."

"Adam Mitchel..."

"What?"

I chuckle. "I love you, too."

"That means..."

I kiss him. "Yes, I'll be your girl."

He smiles, "I promise to love you, give you affection- everything. I promise not to hurt you. I promise to take a bullet for you if you're in danger. All because I love you."

I throw off my veil and he takes my hair down. I crash my lips onto his and pull away, leaving my signature matte red lipstick on his lips. I smirk and he laughs.

"I love you, Amber I don't know your middle name Anderson."

I laugh. "I love you too, Adam Mitchel Lambert."