20

A few weeks later
Amber
"Are you sure he wants to meet me?"

"I already told him I wanted him to meet somebody, Andy."

He sighs and paces around my bedroom. "I already told Tommy to go with him in case he goes nuts."

He looks at me in the mirror. "You look beautiful." He smiles and walks up to me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I chuckle. "Thank you. We better get going."

I turn around and peck his lips. "Five more minutes?" He smirks.

"No. Adam can grow very impatient sometimes. And he has places to be today."

He opens my bedroom door. "After you, my lady."
_____________
I get up from my chair as Tommy walks towards us, Adam nowhere to be seen. I hug him. "Where is he?"

We pull away. "He's here. He's just on the phone."

I sigh. "I'm just scared on how he'll react. I mean, I kinda kept it a secret from him."

"He won't be happy that you didn't tell him. But I'm sure and I hope he'll be happy for you about the other thing."

"I don't know, Tommy."

He puts his hands on my shoulders. "Calm down, Amb. You can do this."

I chuckle. "Thanks, TJ."

I lead him to the table we were sitting at, which was outside of course. I need my vitamin D. Adam was soon walking towards us. I felt a shiver go down my spine.

"Hey, guys. And you are?"

"Andy Chesterfield." He sticks his hand out and Adam shakes it. "Nice to meet you."

Adam sits down next to Tommy, giving me the 'who is he, really?' look. I gave him the 'you'll see.' look. All I'm praying is that this will go well. Hopefully...

"Where you from?" Adam rubs his hand nervously. He only does that if he's angry, nervous, or jealous. Adam Mitchel, you better not be angry nor jealous.

I lift an eyebrow at Adam. "Tallahassee."

"Ooh, a Florida boy!" Tommy smirks.

I glare at him, also lifting my eyebrow. He gives me an innocent face. Adam rolls his eyes at Tommy and speaks up. "How did you meet Amber?" He gives me a suspicious look.

"Met her in October. Started dating in November."

I face palm myself as Adam glares at me but covers it up. "Congrats."

"Not only that," he brings my left hand to the table, "we're engaged."

Adam looks at me in pain as I quickly take my left hand away. It was my third engagement and the first time I've been engaged since I met Adam.

"Umm..., I'll go get coffee." Andy gets up and leaves Tommy, Adam, and I alone.

Adam rushes away from the table and I chase after him. "Adam, wait,-"

He turns around. "Engaged?! When were you going to tell me?"

I bite my lip. "You were never going to tell me? I tell you everything thats going on in my life and you tell me what's going on your life, but this? This is new."

"Adam, I was but,-"

"But what?"

I stay silent. "Look, I'm happy for you, but I'm just disappointed." And he turns around and walks away.

I sigh as I stayed put. Great, what have I done?