9

3 years ago
2013
Amber
I groan as my phone starts ringing next to me in bed. It took me a moment to realize that it was Adam who was calling me at two in the morning.

I finally answer. "Hey, Ad. What's up?"

"Amber!" He cries. There was pain and sadness in his voice tone.

"Whoa, Adam." I sit up in my bed. "What happened?"

"I can't cooperate with my life right now! It's a nightmare!"

"Adam, what happened?"

He stays silent. "That's it, Adam. I'm coming over."

"No!"

"Adam! I don't know what happened but you don't sound like yourself."

"But-"

"No 'buts'. I'll be there in ten."
________________
"Ok," I put a frozen pizza and movies on his counter as he walks towards me, sluggishly. "What happened?"

He finally looks up at me and his eyes were bloodshot red. I shake my head and bring him to the couch, putting my arm around him and pulling him closer to me.

"My life sucks."

"No it doesn't."

"But he's not in my life right now. I love him! But it's all gone now!" He starts sobbing into my shoulder since he was slouching.

And it hit me. He and Sauli broke up. Two years of their loving relationship was gone. And Adam's other half is gone. He was Adam's missing half, his missing piece to his heart.

I rub his arm as he kept sobbing. He was broken. Who knows where Sauli was at this time, but he was for sure probably heading back to Finland.

"I'm sorry, Addy." I kiss his forehead.

It must've just happened. Adam was already drinking the pain away when I got here. And while I was on the phone with him, too. Three beer bottles were laying around the living area. At least he's not drunk.

"I don't need your pity."

"And I said that during my breakup, yet, you kept comforting me and saying 'I'm sorry.'."

"Fair point."

"Honestly, Adam, when you called me, I thought you were dying."

He chuckles and wraps his arms around my waist. "You know I love you, little sis?"

"Oh, older brother, of course! And I love you very much."

I break away from his grip and cup his face into my hands. His eyes were still bloodshot red from crying. He shows a weak smile. I send him a brief smile before I kiss his forehead.

"Now, are you ready for ice cream on top of pizza?"

He doesn't say anything. I look down at him and he was out. I smile and pull him closer. Well, he's not in a deep sleep, yet. He wraps his arms around my waist and try's to fall asleep, again.

Well, I can fall asleep again!