Part 10: This crazy world

"See the line where the sea meets the sky it calls me. But no one knows, how far it goes." - How far I'll go, Moana

A week later, at about 5pm, and Mikey was sat opposite Emma, on a picnic blanket at the park. As a thank you for helping him out when his fears has swamped him about the video, he'd invited her to come to the park for a celebratory picnic.
There was so much food spread between them, yet they'd touches very little of it, as he'd told here how grateful he was for calming him. The weird thing was, although Emma always got awkward when someone complemented her, she hadn't felt it when Mikey spoken she was too caught up in him.
Suddenly, soft music started playing out, as the other boys came and joined the picnic, so they were sitting around the food in a circle. They hadn't eavesdropped on what had been said much, other than to hear Mikey thanking her. But Rye had to have his say too.
So he told Emma about how Mikey always smiled at his phone when she messaged him, and how she had such a calming influence on him. He told her about how she seemed to make Mikey happy, and looking around the group to see the others nodding in agreement, he said that they all wanted him to be happy.
"So,.  I think it's time you two became a thing." Brooklyn said, having no understanding for the gently hi going part of the situation. Awkwardly, Mikey and Emma just looked at each other for a few moments, before Mikey voiced the thoughts he'd been having for some time.
"Emma, you always make my world so much better, will you be my girlfriend?" It wasn't the smoothest of lines, but she smiles any way.
"I don't know how I'd ever say no to you Mikey." She said grinning, as they joined hands over the food.
"Welcome to our crazy world Emma." Andy said.