Good Talk

I awoke, taking in my surroundings. 'Avengers Tower, huh.' I thought to myself. I got up out of bed and sorted through my clothes, heading for the bathroom to shower, plugging my phone up to the stereo. I turned the water on as the music started. I climbed in and started jamming out.

Pull my heart out of my chest
Train my mind so I forget
Sink your teeth into my bones
Dig me out then fill the hole

Tear me apart
Tear me apart and watch it burn
Tear me apart
Tear me apart and watch it burn

All that's left is a window to my soul
Falling faster, you made my heart your home

Come and get it one more time (whoa)
If you wanna lose your mind (whoa oh)
Come and get it one more time (whoa)
If you wanna lose your mind (whoa oh)
Come and get it

If you wanna lose your mind (whoa oh)
Come and get it

If you wanna lose your mind (whoa oh)
Come and get it

Come and get it one more time (whoa)
If you wanna lose your mind (whoa oh)
Come and get it one more time (whoa)
If you wanna lose your mind (whoa oh)
Come and get it

If you wanna lose your mind (whoa oh)
Come and get it
Come and get it

Mouth to mouth I breathe you in
Swallow down your jagged sin
Let it drown inside my veins
The sweetest poison I could take

You make it an art
The way that you scar with every word
But before we reach the end
Strip me down again

Come and get it one more time (whoa)
If you wanna lose your mind (whoa oh)
Come and get it one more time (whoa)
If you wanna lose your mind (whoa oh)
Come and get it

Come and get it

If you wanna lose your mind (whoa oh)
Come and get it

If you wanna lose your mind (whoa oh)
Come and get it one more time (whoa)
If you wanna lose your mind (whoa oh)
Come and get it one more time (whoa)
If you wanna lose your mind (whoa oh)
Come and get it

When the song ended, I stepped out and dried off, donning my clothes and doing my hair and makeup. I decided to make haste and get the kitchen before anyone else got up because I got the sinking feeling this place was a veritable beehive of activity when everything got going, and the last place I wanted to be was smack dab in the middle of it all. So with that reasoning, I snuck off to kitchen and made myself some breakfast. I started the coffee maker and got out the stuff to doctor it up while I waited. I spotted the piano and decided to go play something until the coffee got done brewing. I sat down, lightly running my fingers across the keys, smiling. I cracked my knuckles and began to play a little melody, picking at the keys. Then I changed it up and started playing Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. I started out slow and kept up with the hauntingly beautiful tone of the song. I was so engulfed in the music, the world around me tuned out, as I progressed in my playing I didn't even notice that I had gained a small audience. When I finished with a small crescendo, I heard clapping behind me. I whipped around to find Loki, shockingly, applauding my performance. I stood up abruptly, almost knocking over the stool. He smirked as he watched me scrutinizing myself, trying not to get flustered. "I'm sorry, did I frighten you?" I could hear the mischievous tone in his voice, mocking me with every word. "No." He quirked his eyebrow at me. "Even Thor, the great oaf that he is, could lie better than that." I'm pretty sure my eye twitched with irritation. "You know, you should really think before you speak like that to someone." I said as I walked around the piano, running my finger along the edges and stopping in a shady spot. He laughed wryly. "Pray tell, why?" I shadow traveled behind him, holding a dagger to the back of his neck, and leaned in close, whispering in his ear. "Because it's not very chivalrous of you, my prince. Besides, I can do it so much better." He whipped around in an instant, pinning my hands above my head, catching me off guard and making me drop the dagger. He leaned in close to my ear, his heated breath grazing my neck as he whispered his own threat. "I promise you, one day, I will make you scream those words." I regained my composure, just smirking like an idiot while his face was in close proximity to mine. I tilted my head to the side innocently. "I'm sorry, did I frighten you?" He looked at me confused. "What exactly are you playing at, woman?" Before I could respond, a loud voice interrupted. "Who in the world is playing funeral music at 8:00 in the morning-Did I interrupt something?" Tony came into view, mid-eye rub. I spoke before Loki had the chance to make the situation more awkward than what it was. "No, you weren't. I was just making some coffee before someone decided to interrogate me." I said, wrenching my hands out his grip before making my way over the the mug I had waiting for me and pouring myself some of the black gold. "Riiiight." Tony made his way over and refilled his cup. He took a sip of it before addressing both Loki and I. "Well, Fury wants everybody down in the training room asap. That means you too, Reindeer Games." He shouted at Loki, who was trying to make a quick getaway. He grumbled, sulking all the way to the elevator, giving me a long stare. I ignored his gaze, flipping my hair over my shoulder before turning to my cup. I could feel Tony's gaze burning into the side of my face. "You know, if you keep staring like that, your corneas are bound to catch fire." I retorted, not looking at him. He moved over to my line of sight. "So..." I raised an eyebrow. "So what?" He rolled his eyes. "What was that?" It was my turn to shrug. "Honestly, I really don't even know. I think maybe he's just jelly I'm a better smartass than he is. Who's to say?" I said, taking another drink of my coffee. Tony just shot me a look of disbelief before turning into his cup. "He's got a thing for you, princess." I choked on coffee as I spit it, his comment catching me off guard. I quickly grabbed some paper towels, cleaning up the mess I made and apologized. "Sorry! But seriously. Loki and I? The guy freakin hates my guts!" Tony rolled his eyes again, cleaning himself off. "So he told you this?" I shook my head. "No, but actions speak louder than words, Tony. He clearly does not have 'a thing' for me." He shook his head. "Reindeer Games might be one of the biggest assholes I know, and let's face facts here, I'm the biggest tool here, but he doesn't act this way with just anybody. Trust me, I'm a genius. I know these things when I see 'em." It was my turn to roll my eyes. "Whatever you say, Sherlock." He laughed. "Come on, your highness. It's time to go to the training room. I will escort you there myself." He made a show of bowing while I snorted in laughter. "Lead the way, Sir Stark." He laughed and led the way to the elevator.

________________________________________________