-Chapter Three-

*Aylina's POV*

    Dr. Juben bursts through the door in a disheveled state: his body clearly is out of breath, the left eye of his glasses are shattered, and his usually pristine white coat was smeared in someone or something's blood. Two guards quickly follow in his pursuit. He scans the room in a panic, and once his eyes land on our confinement, Dr. Juben gestures towards us. Within that moment both him and the guards run in our direction.

"I'll be okay Kaiser, just make sure you make it out of here alive," I smile remorsefully at him trying to make the most of the little time we have, "Live your life."

His eyes go wide and he shakes his head in disbelief, "Aylina, you're coming with me. Just fight, they're here! I told you they'd come."

With that Dr. Juben reaches the cage. I prepare myself to fight, but I know it'll be a losing battle. Undernourished, exhausted, and beaten, my body is far from being able to fight two capable and trained guards.

    He fumbles with his keys to the cage in a panic, "I've worked too long on you to lose my progress!"

    "Don't touch her! Leave her alone!" Kaiser screams, grabbing at the metal bars as Dr. Juben slams the door to my cage open.

    I try to defend myself but the three of them overwhelm me in my exhausted state. They wrap chains made of silver around my neck, causing me to let out an anguished scream. Silver has thankfully over the years not affected me nearly as much as it use to, or the pain would've driven me unconscious.

    "Aylina!" Kaiser cries, "Stop it! Just leave her!"

    Dr. Juben grabs the gun out of his pockets and aims for his head. Before I can even process my actions, I use what force I have with me to push on his arm. The gun fires, hitting Kaiser in the bicep. He curses loudly and clutches his arm tightly.

    Dr. Juben angrily looks at me and hits me over the head with the pistol. He grabs a silver knife from his pocket and menacingly looks down on me, "Just because you are of value does not mean I will not kill you if you begin to misbehave. You damn pests."

    He hands off the silver leash to one of the guards and they begin to run, pulling me along with them. I try to take charge and shift, but the silver collar holds me back from making any real progress. We make it to the other side of the arena before the doctor hastily stops and begins to panic.

    "We don't have fucking time for this!" Dr. Juben pulls me close to him and injects something into my neck. The effects take over almost immediately.

    "Aylina!" I hear a scream in the distance. My vision begins to blur in and out, but in my final moments I see a faint glimpse of Kaiser and a large black and gold wolf storming in our direction.

*Kaiser's POV*

    I shake the bars as hard as I can, watching them try to grab at Aylina. My heart was pounding, she has been here so long. Why can't they just let her go? Her silver eyes hold such determination for freedom, yet the sadness in them seems so much more present. Her skin painted in bruises and scars show how much they did to her over the years.

They manage to get a silver collar made of chains around her neck. Her blood curdling scream makes my blood boil. How can someone be so cruel?

    "Aylina!" I cry out hoping to get their attention, "Stop it! Just leave her."

    My heart stops for a second as he aims a gun straight for my head, I close my eyes for a moment, petrified of the moment to come.

    I hear the gunfire and a sharp horrific pain pierces through my bicep.