4: misunderstood

Harry's pov:
I ran over to Draco. There was a thin river of blood flowing down his right cheek. Oh no. She hadn't killed him had she? I grabbed his wrist. Pulse. Good, the last thing I wanted to witness any more deaths.
I suddenly became aware that a pair of brown eyes were staring at me. Ginny. The whole reason we were in this mess.
"GINNY WHAT THE HELL HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU!" I roared "YOU COULD'VE KILLED HIM"
"Well you were hugging him" replied Ginny, strangely calmly for the situation
"DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT I DID THAT BY CHOISE?"
"WELL YOU CERTAINLY LOOKED LIKE YOU WERE ENJOYING IT"
"WELL WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE IF HE PUT YOUR ARMS AROUND YOU WHEN YOU WERE UPSET?!"
" I WOULD'VE PUSHED HIM AWAY AND CRIED IN PRIVATE"
"Ok, ok fine, you win, but we need to take him to the hospital wing"
"I don't see any reason to"
"Ginny!"
"What, they're already searching for bodies around the school, it wouldn't hurt if we just left him there"
"Ginny, I am not in the mood for this right now"
"Ugh, fine"
----------------------------

I didn't talk to Ginny as we were taking Draco's limp body to the hospital ward. Nor when we deposited it on a bed. It was only when we were out of earshot from the hospital ward, walking back to the common room, that I spoke:
"He's been through a lot you know."
I said, breaking the icy silence, "He lost his dad and his mum is god knows where, and he blames himself"
"Why are you standing up for him anyway, last time i checked, you hated him" replied Ginny
"You don't know what it feels like, do you?"
"What"
"To blame yourself for a death of somebody"
"Well, no, bu-.."
"Besides, we can't put his poor mother through any more heartbreak or worry"
"Oh, so you're standing up for his family now, what next, 'the only reason Bellatrix killed Sirius was because she had to'"
"Don't remind me"
"May I remind you who they are, his aunt was Bellatrix Lestrange and h-.."
"And his other aunt married a muggle born and is my godsons grandmother"
"They aren't all bad Ginny!"
"Well most of them ar-.."
"Oh yeah, lets not forget that if it wasn't for Draco's mother lying to Voldemort, I would be dead"

I won that one, but Ginny looked upset and ran up ahead, I knew what she was doing, but couldn't find the will to stop her.
As I approached the portrait hole, now ripped open, I saw my friends faces talking to Ginny. I walked in.
"HARRY, WHAT THE BLOODY HELL   IS WRONG WITH YOU!" bellowed Ron "CHEATING ON MY SISTER WITH SOMEBODY LIKE DRACO"
"Look, Harry, what happened with Draco" said Hermione, thank god for Hermione
"Well, you know how I wa-..."
"They were snogging when I walked in on them!" Said Ginny, quickly
"No we weren't ," I snapped at Ginny
"Ginny, let him talk"
"As I was saying, I went up to Draco to ask if there was anything I could do to help him after his dads dea-..."
"Likely story!" said Ginny
"Ok well if you can read minds, then why don't you explain what happened"
"I- well, fine Harry, explain"
"The thing is, I kinda started crying hysterically, I didn't want it to happen, but before I knew it, Draco put his arms around me and we began to hug"
"Well Harry, I'm afraid if you did what you said then you didn't push him off,"
"Yes, and"
"Well Harry, I don't think we can have a secure relationship anymore, Harry, I'm breaking up with you"
"What?!" I spluttered "But you can't, I didn't mean for-..."

But, in a fit of tears, she was gone, and Ron and Hermione were staring disapprovingly at me. Ron went after her, I don't think he could bear to speak to me.
"What could I have done" I asked Hermione
"Nothing, Ginny gets like this, you'll be back together in no time" she replied
"Hermione, I'm not sure if i want to, oh, and now she's single, go for it"
"What?!" Hermione said, blushing
"I know you like her"
"Oh, fine, but this is our secret, ok"
"Ok"
" I better go help calm her down, but one more thing, go for Draco if it makes you happy, I know he secretly likes you"
"Oh, um ok, thanks Hermione"

And then, she was gone too. I didn't know where to go or what to do, so I went to the hospital wing to see if maybe something went right that evening.