Chapter 2

"When you lose true love, you feel real pain."

"The city of New Orleans... people of all stripes and flavors from all over the country come here to party on our streets. Some are just looking for fun... some are looking for something a little darker, more dangerous. So, we invite them into my home and we give it to them." Marcel tells Klaus, They both walking up the stairs to right up to me.  

Leaning over the balcony, I listen to Marcel introduce Klaus to our nightly operations.  The clock had just struck midnight and our nightwalkers were having it out on their all-you-can-eat tourist buffet. The music is blasting and the humans and vampires alike are dancing. "The party has been going strong since bout 8 'o clock." I smirk, throwing back my hair out of my face.  My eyes going to Marnie who was back again. Her big green eyes keep glancing up my way, but the girl blushes and hides behind her short hair. Letting it fall into her face.

Klaus smiles and nods. "It's quite an operation. Tell me – what about the victims? Seems like a lot of graves to dig."

I let Marcel answer. I'm not in the mood for Klaus and this talk. "Can't kill 'em all. Too many folks go missing, tourism drops. So, we heal them with a little vamp blood, erase their memory, send them on their way – no muss, no fuss." Marcel says nonchalantly.

Klaus looks my way. Even when I am not looking at him, I can feel his burning gaze. "I'm impressed." He says with a shrug of the shoulders.

I glance over at him and let out a small laugh. "Nothing we didn't learn from you back in the day. "

Thierry, one of our trusted vampire guys comes up to us. "Marcel, Willow." He bows his head at us.

" 'Sup Thierry?" Marcel asks.

Thierry glances at Klaus warily and them back at us. "Six of our guys were killed in a bar outside of the Quarter. Night-walkers. No one saw who. "

I glance over at Klaus who is just staring down at the party scene below us. I decide not to ask if he knew who was responsible or if he was the one to kill my men. I look over at Marcel. "I'm  going out to scout around." I needed to get out of here. Away from Klaus. Yes, he gave us Elijah daggered in a box, but I didn't trust him.

Marcel nods. "I got this here. So call me if you find something."

I smile and turn on my black heels to leave. Without another word. Walking out of the compound and down the sidewalk.

On the Other Side of the French Quarter(Third Person POV)

"Damn it. The  room doesn't even have a bloody light switch." Rebekah, Klaus' sister curses as she  glances at Hayley.

Hayley, the werewolf pregnant with Klaus' child pulls out her phone and turns on the flashlight. "Will this do?"

"It'll have too." Rebekah says as she leads Hayley down the stairs to the cellar. "This was the governor's favorite secret room."

Hayley shines the light straight ahead as they reach the bottom. It is dusty and cobwebby.  Four coffins were placed side by side. "You think Klaus killed him?" The werewolf looks at the blonde Original with a frown.

Rebekah shakes her head. Opening up one of the coffins. "We can't be killed, silly girl. That doesn't stop Klaus from finding ways to torture us. He has a set of mystical silver daggers. One in the heart sends us into a deep slumber. Klaus gets his jollies from keeping us in a box, until he decides to pull the dagger out. That must be what he's done to Elijah. This one's mine. " She closes her coffin and moves onto the next.

Hayley scoffs, tilting the flashlight more for Rebekah. "He keeps your coffin on standby."

"He likes to be prepared for when his family members inevitably disappoint him. Elijah's isn't here – he must've stashed him elsewhere." She says as she stares down at the man in the coffin she just opened. Rebekah bit back emotion. Her twin brother just lying there. The dagger sticking out of his suited chest, his blonde hair brushed back. He looked as if he were sleeping, but with him being grey and all veiny.