life is...

"Mum! I miss you!", Ilhoon holds a piece and only one picture of his late mother. It had been only a year since his mom was gone. Ilhoon already big enough to take care of himself. He is a highschool student. But of course it is really difficult for him to bear the hardship of his life alone. When everyone got to change new sports shoes he would only use the one that his late mother gave him just right before his mother's death. And of course when everyone celebrating their birthday there would be cake and balloons. But for him is his mom's memorial ceremony. His mom died right on his birthday.

His mother was a divorcee. His father left them when he was only 3 years old. He can't even remember his face.

Ilhoon was a good son but not a good student. There is a reason behind this.

-Flashback during first year in high school-

Ingguk was Ilhoon's best friend since elementary school. They were called Double Eyes cause both of their name start with the letter 'I'.

Both of them was really good students until one day...

Attention to all student! Today you are allowed to go home early at 3pm as a reward for our school basketball team. Therefore please inform your parents and straight away go home on 3pm. Thank you!

"Ingguk-ah did you heard that?" Ilhoon eagerly asked him. While smiling widely Ilhoon was looking at Ingguk's face waiting for answer.

Ingguk remained silent. He bit his lower lips.

"What's wrong with your response? Do you have something to tell me? " Ilhoon was a bit suspicious of Ingguk as he did not reply to his simple question.

Ingguk hesitated... "hmmm..."

"Never mind! Let's go to karaoke! It had been a while since we spent our time together" Ilhoon wrapped his arm around Ingguk's neck.

"Hey! What did you worry about? Exam just ended no need to worry pal!" Ilhoon continued.

Ingguk just gave him a weak smile and avoids his eyes. It was hard to tell Ilhoon that he was going to move away from there. The situation can't be avoided due to his dad business he had to move along with his whole family.

Class ended

"Let's go!" Ilhoon stood up and grabbed Ingguk's hand to the front door. Through his face Ingguk knew that Ilhoon was very excited to spend time with him.

Ingguk obediently follows Ilhoon's step. His legs are walking to the karaoke but his mind is on the cloud.

Karaoke room

"Woohoo let's have some fun!! Ingguk-ah jump! Jump! Jump!" Ilhoon excitedly leads their after school party.

Ingguk told to himself that it is gonna be the last time he will be able to see him so he just enjoy the karaoke party just the two of them.

After karaoke

"Woah it was really fun!" Ingguk said to Ilhoon. Actually he was trying to hide his sadness. He calms himself by telling to himself that he will tell him tomorrow.

It was a fake smile but sincere.

It was already dark. They were walking between two building. The lights were fine before but that day they were broken.

"It's really dark here!" Ilhoon hugged himself tightly as it getting cooler as the night falls.

"Uh? Look! What are they doing?" Ingguk saw 3 men in their mid 20's was beating up a drunk man beside the dump place.

"Excuse me! You can't beat up innocent guy like that! " innocent Ingguk tried to stop the 3 guys.

Ilhoon pulls his uniform to give him a sign to not interupt their business but Ingguk boldly step forward and speak up.

"Stop it!"

Suddenly...
"This punks! " one of them punched Ingguk on his face. He was bleeding but he did not move an inch from there. Ilhoon grabbed his hand and trying to pull him out of there.

The 3 guys ended up beating Ingguk and Ilhoon badly. After struggling they managed to escape when Ilhoon kick on the secret part of one of the guys.

Ilhoon grabbed Ingguk hands and ran away as fast as they could.

Without knowing they are not holding hands anymore. Ilhoon lead the run.

Out of the blue Ingguk's feet stuck on a rock. He fell and his face hit on the ground. Ilhoon who was still running did not notice until he reach a place that he believe save from the 3 guys.

Ilhoon hardly catches his breath.

"Ing...Ingguk-ah! I think... they are already far away!"

Finally Ilhoon realised that Ingguk was not with him. He looks around worriedly looking for his dear friend.

He ran again to find his friend.

Unfortunately it was too late...

In front of his eyes... Ingguk was stabbed on his belly and fell onto the ground helplessly. He could hear clearly when the knife got through his flesh and his friend scream. The 3 guys took his wallet and leave him alone there.

Quickly Ilhoon ran towards Ingguk and put him in his lap. While putting his hand on Ingguk's wound he said with a shaky voice, "I'm sorry! It's...all my fault!"

Clear drops of tears suddenly became a river unknowingly.

"Tch...I didn't expect to move this fast..." Ingguk said.

"What are you talking about? I've called the ambulance and they almost here. Don't worry everything is gonna be alright!" Ilhoon continued.

Instead of stop talking Ingguk stubbornly speak up, "Ilhoon-ah actually i'm about to move away you know?"

"Huh?"
"I didn't get to tell you earlier because you are so happy just now! " **coughed

"Shut up you punk!"

Ingguk slightly smiles, " I didn't expect to move to the SKY this fast! "

Till his last breath he only look at Ilhoon's eyes. There are still a lot of things that he want to tell him but he was not strong enough. His energy drained as he lost too much blood. He keeps looking at Ilhoon's eyes hoping that he could know his heart at that time.

Ilhoon heart was about to stop when his dear friend closed his eyes and stopped breathing. His legs lost strength. He could not stood up.

The ambulance arrived but it was too late.

Fron that day Ilhoon think life is cruel...upcoming day made it worst...