Prologue

Four and a half year old, Shiniko Kuroshira was living a cheerful life, until that day...

At the moment, Shiniko was crying and cowering at the opening of an alleyway hoping someone would notice her. There were many people passing by, but out of everyone, only one noticed. He approached and crouched down to the cowering girl, and asked, "Excuse me, but do you not have a place to stay?"

Being the frightened girl she was, all she could do was shake her head.

"Well, a little girl such as yourself shouldn't be here all alone. Judging from those cuts and bruises I'm guessing you don't have a home to go back to."

Shiniko nodded.

"Well, since you don't have a place to stay, would you like to stay with me? I promise that I will take good care of you."

After thinking about his offer and the condition she was in, she quickly nodded and stood up.

"Alright then, lets go." said the man, while standing up and extending his hand for her to hold onto.

Shiniko's PoV

When I got to the man's house, I thought it was a mansion because it was huge. Once he unlocked the door, we were greeted by a strawberry blonde boy, that looks to be a year older than me. I got a little scared, so I hid behind the man as he talked.

"Good evening Gakushuu, how was school?"

"Good evening father, school was fine, but who is that behind you?"

"I am glad you asked, I found this child on the street and offered her a place to stay. Pardon my rudeness, I nearly forgot the introductions. My name is Asano Gakuhou, but you can call me Uncle Asano, and that boy over there is my son, Asano Gakushuu. What's your name?"

"M-my name i-is Shiniko K-Kuroshira..." she stuttered a reply.

"Well that's an unusual name for a girl." Gakuhou commented, while Gakushuu nodded in agreement.

"Well now that introductions are over, we should give you a tour, a bath and then we will have dinner" Uncle stated, as I nodded.

"Now that you know where everything is, I'll get that bath started. Can you bathe yourself?" Uncle asked and I nodded.

"Aren't you a clever one, but since your hurt, after your done showering come to the guest room that I showed you and I will bandage those wounds, ok?"

I nodded once again.

"Alright then, there's a towel right there and the pajamas are over there. Be careful now and enjoy your bath."

Third Person PoV

"The bath was quite nice, now to get to the guest room. Found it." Shiniko thought before walking in.

"Just in time, come over here and I'll help you with your wounds."

Shiniko walked over and sat on the bed as Uncle Asano dealt with her wounds.

"Alright, that's the last of them. Now let's go downstairs for dinner." He said as he got up and put the first aid kit away.

"Sit anywhere you like."

She walk to a random spot and sat down at the table, and they started eating.

Out of curiosity, her Uncle asked, "I never got to ask, but what happened before I found you?"

That question shocked Shiniko, but she still replied in a whisper, "I'll tell you...some day..."

"Alright then, you should go to bed now, you remember where the guest room is right?"

Shiniko nodded once again.

While Shiniko was walking to the guest room, she bumped into Gakushuu.

"S-sorry..." she stuttered.

"It's alright, I'm Gakushuu, nice to meet you," he introduced as he extended his hand out for her to grab onto. She gladly accepted his help and grabbed on to get up.

"Nice to meet you too. Um, I'm going to bed now, good night."

"Good night."

When she got to the guest room, she flopped down on the bed.

"I have a place to stay and the man and boy, no, Uncle Asano and Gakushuu are quite friendly. I better go to sleep...can't wait 'till tomorrow....." were Shiniko's last thought before drifting off to sleep.