Chapter 14: Assembly Time

Shiniko completely blacked out.

Luckily for her, Karma came in the nick of time. He picked her up and carried her back to his place.

When he got back, he carefully laid Shiniko down on his bed and left to get some supplies.

He took care of all her wounds, but then he came across the cuts on her arm. He knew exactly why they were there after he saw what happened earlier.

After taking care of her, he went to the kitchen and started to make dinner.

Soon, a strong fragrance flooded the room and awoke Shiniko from her unconscious state.

"Ugh... Everything hurts...What happened?..." Shiniko thought as she slowly sat up and hugged her knees close to her chest and looked around, "Where am I?" She whispered to herself.

As if on cue, Karma walked in with a tray of food, "You're in my room, silly. How ya feelin'?" He asked, setting the tray of food on his desk.

"I've been better," Shiniko replied, "What happened?" She asked.

"You don't remember?" He questioned.

"Would I be asking if I did." She stated, with an 'isn't it obvious' look on her face.

"You never change do you? Well, to begin with, I found you getting beat up by a bunch of girls. When I got there you were unconscious, so I carried you here and fixed you up." He explained.

"So you saw, huh?" She questioned quietly, as she looked down.

"Yeah, I did. So, please, don't do that to yourself anymore." He pleaded.

"Sure..." She whispered.

"Good." He smiled and gently patted her head, "Here's some food, eat up."

Shiniko thanked him with a smile, and started to eat the food.

"Delicious as always I see." She complimented.

"It's just something I make daily, nothing special." He said as Shiniko kept eating.

"Thanks for the food, but I should go now." Shiniko thanked him once more and started to get up.

"I'll take you home, who knows what's lurking around in the dark." He offered.

"Sure." She said as she got her things together.

~Time Skip~

"Thanks for everything today. Have a good evening." Shiniko said as she unlocked the door.

"No big, just take care of yourself." He said and left.

Shiniko went to her room tossed her bag on her desk and took a shower. After that, she did her homework and climbed into bed.

She covered half of her injured figure, she stared at the bandaged areas. All the times the girls had beaten her, she had badly wanted to fight back and snap their necks.

But she couldn't.

It pissed her off, but at the same time she couldn't do anything about it, since it was how the school system worked. That night she silently cried herself to sleep.