Chapter 1 - Kaelyn

This was the last morning I woke up in my own bed, here in London because I was moving to Australia with my best friend, Alice, today. We both finished college three months ago and we always wanted to go there one day. "Kaelyn are you up?" I hear my mums loud voice scream from the other side of the door. "Yes, I am." I mumbled with my sleepy morning voice. My eyes automatically turned towards my alarm clock which said it was 1:34AM. Jesus Christ. I was definitely not a person who liked mornings or getting up in the middle of the night, even this time when I was about leave my hometown Newcastle to move to Australia. "Kaelyn, you better get up right now or you will miss your flight and the next flight to Australia goes next week Tuesday," I heard my dad say. "Yes, yes. I'm out bed already." I sighed and threw my warm sheets off of me. "Goodbye bed," I said while giving my matras a kiss. Slowly I walked to the door and my mum opened it right at that moment what caused the door to be banged onto my head. "I'm so sorry!" she squeled and gave me a quick hug. "Don't worry about this, it might become a huge lump that's all." I sighed and walked past her towards the bathroom.

When I got in the bathroom I turned on the shower and waited with stepping in the shower until the big mirror above the sink was covered with water vapor. I quickly stepped in the shower and washed my body with soap my mum bought at the body shop. "Kae, we need to leave in 20 minutes. Hurry up!" my dad suddenly said on the other side of the door while I was washing my dyed brown hair. Yes, I dyed my hair because it was really dark blonde with brown and blonde stripes in between, what actually made my hair really ugly so I dyed it once in the two months. When the shampoo and conditioner was washed out of my hair I jumped out of the shower and dried my body quickly and hupped in my pig onesie. I grabbed a new towel and went through it my hair quickly and then put it in a messy bun.

"Your muesli bar and coffee is down stairs on the kitchen table," my said said and he smiled at me. He was really moody in the mornings too, I think I got my hate for mornings from him because my mom was really active, at all times of the day. He went to the bathroom probably to brush his teeth because he was dressed in an Adidas pants and a shirt definitely to big for him. I walked down the stairs towards the kitchen to get my muesli bar. Oh my god, I can't explain how much I love these things. This shit is my addiction. Actually, all food is. But muesli bars are the best. Especially the ones you buy at Mark and Spencer. But fuck yes for me my dad is the 'big' boss of all the Mark and Spencer's in Europe.

"Kaelyn, your massive suitcase is in the car." my mum's voice said behind me. "Thanks," I smiled and turned around. "Give me a hug please?" she said and before I could even reply she gave me a hug and felt my shoulder getting wet. "Mum, please dont cry." I begged her and a few tears escaped. "But my only child is moving to Australia. I've been seeing you everyday for 17 almost 18 years Kae." she said and let go of me. This killed my last piece of actual soul I still had in my body because I had an older brother but he passed away a year ago. His name was Brad and he passed away because of a car crash. He was only 19. "Girls, we need to go now," my dad interrupted my thoughts. "Goodbye home," I said before walking out the house and the car taking off. I can't believe this is actually happening. I was going to make my dream true, move to Australia. With my best friend, Alice. And I could guarantee you, this journey we are taking you on is going to be a nice chaotic one.