Relations: One-to-one

(Cupa's PoV)

It's already night. We stayed in a small ravine and slept in pairs. Endie thought sleeping in pairs would help us track each other. What I'm happy about is that Endie found a way to get sleeping bags...but not enough for all of us.

Endie and Hero slept together, of course. Mike with Zack and Oggy. Alex with Radiance. Natalie preferred to sleep alone. While I....I slept with Dalias. And honestly, I don't know how I feel about this. (I ship them so bad xD I mean in the first book they saw each other as siblings, sure! But in this book xD LET'S MAKE THEM A COUPLE SO GET READY CUZ MOST OF THE CONTENT IN THIS CHAPTER IS CUPA X DALIAS)

While everyone shared their beds, I let Dalias take the bed and I planned on sleeping on the ground. I'm not used with being this close to a guy. If Nat were to be paired with Dalias, she'd deny it instantly. Ughhh...at least I'm used to sleeping on the floor.

I scooted to my right and rolled to the ground. Dalias was facing the other way. Let's just hope he wouldn't notice.

I curled to my side as the stars and the moon were the only source of light here. It was cold, to be honest.

I should be used to this cold. I lived in a cave for years, 16 years to be exact. (In the first book, you'll see the ages and I won't be putting a pattern of their ages here owo just a lil FYI)

I closed my eyes and exhaled slowly. Suddenly, I heard Dalias move from behind me and I froze. Oh no.

I expected a question from him...but no...instead he carried me and placed me on the sleeping bag. I sat there looking at him. He, then, mumbled something. "W-Why are you sleeping on the groound?" He asks, still sleepy and yawning from time-to-time.

He sits on the bed and hums. "You have a bed for a reason."

"Y-You can have it! I'm fine...with sssleeping on the ground."

"Don't be silly. Now, lie down." He rubs his eyes as he pokes my forehead.

"I'm ssseriously okay, Dal- I mean Demon." I reassure but stutter to say his real name. I don't know why though.

"You can call me Dalias. I don't mind. Heck...call me anything." He leans back and smiles a bit.

"Dal?" I request.

"Sure! Now would you just sleep already?" He flicks my forehead and I don't react. Instead, I just blush.

"U-Uhm..." I say, rubbing my forehead.

"Wow...you're not hostile at all. Is it because it's night? Man...I should schedule pranks on you during the nighttime. I'd escape without a scratch!" He laughs and I look away. "I-I'm jussst really tired!" I try to think of an excuse.

"Then sleep." He says with a blank face. (Like this --> -.-)

"Look. I'm jussst...not usssed to being thisss clossse to a boy."

"Haven't you had crushes? Boyfriends?" Dal asks and I shake my head. "I'm alwaysss in my cave, only going out if it had sssomething to do with my sssurvival."

"What about your Ma and Pa?"

"...Dead." I mutter. It's supposed to be normal for me to talk about this. It's been eleven years. I shouldn't be affected by this anymore...yet I still feel like crying.

Suddenly, I feel hands on my shoulders. Those hands pulled me down and wrapped me in a hug. "Hey...it's in the past. Besides...you're not the only one here whose Ma and Pa died. My Ma and Pa died from a bounty hunter...that's why I became an assassin. I sought revenge to whoever killed them." He informs. I could feel his warm breath trickle my skin. He was really close.