ROBOT TEARS Synth! Levi X Human! Reader

I need help around the apartment, so I decided to buy a synth. I found out that you could customize the one you want to buy, do I did. I made him look like what I want in a guy: 5'3", raven black hair, steel gray eyes, somewhat sassy, able to clean around the house, and a great body. I mean, I didn't make him to fall in love with him, but almost as a reminder of what I like in a guy since I'm always busy and don't have all the time in the world to meet guys.

* * *

I pick him up from the nearest company supplier and set him up. Or so I thought. Once we got in my car he starts acting differently than he did when we were inside. It's really strange and confusing.

"Le-Levi? That's your real name?" I ask shakily not knowing what may happen. I could take him back... But he may fight it, I think to myself while looking at Levi.

* * *

"Tch. Your place is filthy!" He says in a monotone voice. Is it because he's a robot or does he just talk like this? You wonder trying not to give away that you have no idea what's going on.

You give a nervous laugh. "Well that's kind of the reason that I bought you, but given that you're self-aware... I guess you won't clean for me then." You state, trying not to imply that you still kind of want him to clean your apartment. All Levi does is chuckle dryly at you. His laugh is cute...

"Of course I'm going to clean. I can't leave this place the pigstye that it already is." And with that, he takes off to the kitchen, washes the dishes, mops the floors, cleans the countertops, and polishes the room in under 15 minutes. He then moves on to the other rooms and has them clean in no time flat compared to how long it would have taken me to clean them. It would have taken me days to clean my apartment.

Months later

We sit in on my couch. I'm in Levi's arms as he strokes my (h/c) locks. We've gotten to know each other really well, and it's kind of sad to say but he really has grown on me. I mean besides the part that I customized him and all, but still I didn't think that I would fall for a damn robot. Oh look, even his "colorful" vocabulary had rubbed off on me. Great. Fucking great.

I turn to my robot "boyfriend" if you will. "You can't ever show what you really are when we're out in public. You must remain a synth then, got it?" He kisses the top of my forehead and gives my hand a squeeze.

"As shitty as that sounds I will do it for you and only you." I smile at his compliance and embrace him with a hug. He hugs back and smirks. "I don't want to be found out and be taken from you. We'll both get in trouble." I nod at him.

I hum, trying to think of what to say. "W-what would happen to you?" My voice shakes, not hiding that I'm scared. It causes Levi to pull me in closer to his chest protectively. I can tell that he doesn't want to think of it but he knows. He's not the only one taking risks living like this. We know others.

"I could be reprogrammed, restarted, but more than likely I'll be recycled (F/n)." He cringes at the thought.

"Can that happen to Erwin and Hanji if they get caught?" He nods. I sigh at that. They're my friends too, it would disappoint me.

There's a long silence that fills the room. It isn't awkward, it's sad. It's the kind that would normally fill a funeral home. Nobody wants to say anything in fear of making things worse.

I can feel that he wants to ask what will happen to me if I get caught, but he knows and I know. Execution.

"But I will protect you at all costs. And it's because I love you." Suddenly his voice isn't as monotone as usual. I can hear how he feels for once, and it's nice. I know that side is only for me to see, not fit his friends.

"I love you too Levi," I say as tears of happiness fall from Levi's cheek. I wipe them away with my thumb. "How the hell can you feel?" I ask. He shrugs.

He lets out a happy sigh. "Because of you." A smile creeps across his face.