Happily Ever After

My month of being grounded is finally over, and I have never felt more accomplished. Not only did I successfully sneak out and go on a date, but my mom never found out. I am now openly dating Alfie, and I'm done feeling like an outsider around my friends, tomorrow, I'm gonna wear a minecraft t-shirt.
We walk onto the courtyard as I feel Alfies hand grab mine. I'm nervous, for the comments and the looks we're gonna get. I mean, Alfie is wearing bright pink shorts, way to ease in to it Alfie. But for some reason I don't feel the same way I did when I wore this shirt in middle school.
After school, Alfie and I go to the track to hang out. All the way up we're quiet. And as we sit down he puts his arm around me. "Honestly, tell me how that felt," he says
"Good," I say in a quiet voice,"
"Your lying, I know your lying,"
"How,"
"Cause I felt weird too,"
"It wasn't just me?"
"No,"
"Well why not,"
"Maybe when we changed, over time we didn't only change on the outside,"
"Maybe your right,"
"Well I guess we don't have to go full dork,"
I laugh and he leans in for a kiss. I smile. He smiles. And we laugh.
This morning, Alfie and I are dressing as we did before, I meet him at the bus stop and he grabs my hand. "You ready?" He asks and I nod and smile. We walk into the school yard and directly people come to talk to us. Questions about what happened yesterday and how long me and Alfie have been dating, about if we're planning on going to the freshman dance together and what we're wearing. I fake smile at all the stupid attention, Alfie squeezes my hand and we walk away.