Chapter 8

Zeldris had his hands over Elizabeth's mouth and around her waist, keeping her from running or making any noise.

"Have they found you yet?" He looked at Meliodas evilly.

"Who are you talking about?"

"Our little spy! Surely you'd remember them, right?"

"When did the seal break?! I never sensed it.." Meliodas growled, ignoring the previous statement.

"We have our ways, our spy helped us out."

"That means this 'spy' of yours had gotten close to Elizabeth... or found another goddess?"

Zeldris pointed to a scar on Elizabeth's arm. "It wasn't enough, so we were the only ones released."

"Where are the others?!" Meliodas screamed at his brother.

"Feasting while our spy does their job. Ah, they can probably hear me now. I'll have to have a chat with them soon~." He let go of Elizabeth and pushed her towards Meliodas, who caught her in her frightened state. "We'll meet again soon."

"You won't survive next time." He growled as he hugged his wife close. 

"We'll see about that" he said as he disappeared into the air.

"There's a mole in the group... Fire the flare." Elizabeth whispered as she buried her head in Meliodas's chest. He raised his arm and fired the flare.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She's in a clearing up ahead. Don't enter until we say you can. You'll know when." Gwen said as she and her sister walked ahead.

"Guess we'll sit down then" Ria sat down and pulled Nora next to her.

As they sat they heard a beautiful voice singing. 

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree. 

Where they strung up a man, they say who murdered three"

Ria's cat ears perked up and turned to the singing. "Is that Coda?"

"That sounds like her... She always had a lovely singing voice."

The singing stopped. "I think they got to her. We should start going over there." Ria said as Nora stood and pulled her girlfriend up.

"Lets hope we just go straight.." Ria says as she walks in the direction to twins left off in.

They walked until they were blinded by light, which forced them to close their eyes as they walked. The light faded and they opened their eyes.

When they opened they were surrounded with a luscious forest, filled with different animals. In the center of it all was a giant tree with blue-green leaves. White lines swirled around the trunk and branches, giving it a godly vibe.

"Here you are!"

"Right on time!"

Said the twins as they grabbed Ria and Nora's hands.

"Come,"

"To the other side of the tree!" They led the pair around the trunk of the tree. This side was a burnt black and had lava-like swirls around the trunk. At the top were dark purple leaves. Unlike the other side, it gave off a more demonic aura.

"It's so different from the other side." Ria said in awe. 

"Yeah"

"You must be my guests! Welcome to the Heart Tree!" Said a calm voice.