Chapter Ten

A/N: So I've noticed that my chapters haven't been publishing in order from my mobile device. -Therefore, if you're confused or lost I had to republish chapter seven. You may want to drop by there!

*Also I'm looking for someone to do a bit of fan-art for me! If you're interested, let me know ASAP!

~~~

"She's unbearable, A know-it-all, I despise her, and I want her dead. Can you do it?"

Leighton's amber eyes rested on his future wife as she sat elegantly in a lush and well cushioned chair before the fireplace. Her skin was so flawless against the red glare of the fire. Red was such a good color for her, it really complemented her complexion. She should be drenched in it. He glared at her through bored, half lidded eyes. 

She was wearing a modest, high neck, long sleeve, lace dress which suited her beautiful. She was a gorgeous doll to behold. He was truly a lucky man.

"Why are you staring at her like that?" Leighton glanced over his shoulder at Viktor, the very bane of his existence. "What do you want now, Viktor?" He was annoyed, that much was obvious. Now he had nothing to worry about, the deal was made and it was only a matter of time...

"Everyone ready?" Elizabeth straightened Ciel's suit just slightly as he stepped away from the stairs. Ciel smiled down at her, "Let's head out, the show starts at seven sharp. I will not be late to my future daughter-in-law's performance." Elizabeth gently swatted his arm, "Lets not get carried away."

He chuckled and ushered everyone out to the cart. Leighton sat between Viktor and Celine, as their parents sat across from them. He was shoulder to shoulder with Celine as he had towered above her just a tad bit. All was fine until the actual transit started. He reached between them and laced his fingers with hers, causing her to jerk her head to the side and look up at him. She arched a brow and didn't dare close her fingers around his hand as he so bravely did. 

He had her right where he needed her; intimidated. He smirked down at her as she attempted to avoid eye contact with him. 

"Leighton." His amusement was short lived as he looked ahead to the voice calling to him. Cold blue eyes, that much resembled Celine's, anchored down on him. So much so that he felt a literal weight against his chest- like he was hard pressed to even breathe. "Switch me seats."

Can't argue with that. She wasn't intimidated by him after all, it was her father who was doing the real intimidating. 

~~~

She was wearing an elegant,  white, off the shoulders gown. Adorned with a net of genuine pearls, and her hair was braided and pinned on top of her head delicately. Her father, a famous renowned musician, walked her out onto the stage with her arm in his. "She's everything.."

He was infatuated- no, more than that. Looking at her was better than any illusion or hallucination he could ever conjure up. Like the only water fountain in a barren, hot desert. When she opened her mouth, he instantly relaxed as he closed his eyes and allowed his head to fall back against the cushioned seat. "Beautiful." He opened one eye and peered over at his father, next to him. "She's absolutely beautiful." Viktor nodded in agreement and closed his eye once more. 

Her voice was like an entire congregation of angels had joined together to form one heavenly sound. It carried throughout the theater and then some outside. People were drawn in- captivated. 

It ended too soon - in his opinion- he wanted to hear so much more from her. However, this being her final performance in London, he was certain she would be leaving for Whales soon. 

After her performance, Celine stood next to Sebastian in the dining area. Viktor was backstage saying his goodbyes, or what have him, while her mother ventured out for a piece of red velvet cake - the theater had evidently made her favorite recipe. Leighton stood a ways back, next to his father and Ciel as they conversed with a few aristocrats present. It was troublesome that his uncle couldn't go anywhere without someone breaking their neck to speak to him or just breathe in his direction. 

It would happen here. He just had to wait until he found him in the crowd of people. He wasn't hard to spot.. 

There. 

This was just the beginning, of course, he wouldn't be doing away with her here- in front of all these people. Celine was standing quietly in a room full of people, as usual. Leighton tried not to roll his eyes as he glared at the back of her head. 

Celine looked around the room as she waited patiently for her family. Sebastian was instructed to stay by her side at all times- by her father of course. He was always paranoid at these types of occasions. A strange feeling took over her senses and she looked up at Sebastian with concern on her face. He arched a brow and she shook her head, not willing to elaborate. She shrugged it off as she looked around the room. It was almost as if she were being watched..

Then something snagged her attention. A pair of unusual eyes in the crowd. There was a man staring at her with a cold, emotionless expression on his face. She was used to getting odd looks every now and again, but this time was different. It was clear that he wasn't a human. 

"Could you do it? Could you really kill her for me?"

His eyes were purple, bright purple, and his hair was a platinum blond. He had no definitive or outstanding features other than that. Celine stared back at him with the same intense gaze. If he was going to stare at her shamelessly, she didn't care one way or the other.

"Of course I could."

"Will you, please? You saw her at the theater, she'll be no match for you."

"I'm not worried." The man displayed a wicked Cheshire grin, "but can a boy like you pay the price at hand?"

"Whatever it takes."

"Good."