Chapter Twenty One; The Lex Diary: Part Two

Celine had returned home safely to her family after a few days of training at the Lex house. He wasn't quite sure why she wanted to keep her training a secret from her father but he would honor her wishes.

Kyran laid in bed around midnight, staring at the ceiling. It was dark and quiet, just as he liked it.

Just as he was about to doze off, one of his maids gently knocked on his door.

"Yes?"

"You've been summoned, sir, by the council.."

"This late?"

"They seem very adamant. I tried to send them away for later but they say its urgent that they speak with you."

"Of course, thank you Nemda." Though agitated, he refrained from growling at her too much. He rose from bed and slipped his black evening coat on. He tied the front of it in a sloppy knot and left his bedroom uncaring about the state of his exposure. What did they expect come midnight?

He sleepily walked down the stair and was yawning every step of the way. He stood at the foot of the stairs, bare foot, torso exposed through the large opening of his evening coat, but thank goodness he had pants on.

"Yes?"

"C-councilman Lex.. you're indecent, sir.." He noted six of his fellow councilmen before him.

"And it's midnight. What's your point?"

"We do apologize, sir, but we have a situation on our hands." Kyran arched a brow for him to continue.

"There was a meeting held the other night in the council board room.."

"A meeting? I didn't consent to a meeting."

"Not all of us were informed, it seems only those who had a purpose were informed."

"Where are you getting this information?" He was wide awake at this point and a bit miffed that a meeting was held without him.

"The employee asked not to be named, sir."

"Tch." He shifted his weight and popped his neck, "what was the meeting about then??"

"I am not entirely sure, but we fear because.. well.. there were reportedly.. vampires present." His eyes widened in anger, "Vampires?"

"Yes sir.."

"This sounds like a rebellion of some sort."

"We fear so sir.. we also fear that is surrounds.. the Phantomhive family.."

"Those children?! I thought we had dismissed this. There is not threat!"

"Yes, and I agree but.. there are others that don't. I fear they may be forming a..executionary mission.."

"That's a serious accusation."

"I am aware, however.. I just have a strong feeling." 

Kyran ran a hand through his black hair and groaned. "Very well, breathe a word to no one. I'm calling a meeting of my own and we'll get to the bottom of this quickly." He turned on his heel and ascended the stairs to change.

~~~

When Kyran was five years old, he gained a little sister. He was thrilled beyond all possibility that he would finally have someone to play with.

Her name was Myrah. She was a beautiful babe, with porcelain skin and striking dark eyes. Her hair was jet black and silk like their mothers.