Chapter 24

Tik! tok! tik! tok!

All you can hear was the sound of the clock ticking in the quiet room. Very quiet. In fact, you can almost hear your heart beat without placing your hands on your chest.

Ugh. what's taking them so long.

"Click clock click clock...." i joined the clicking sound made by the clock.

The door suddenly opened. There's Mr. Z and his "friends" or i don't know, at the door.

"Hey!" i greeted them.

"Hello, Nathalie." One of them said.

"So, Nathalie, we're here to see you, check you about the modeling stuffs. I hope Mr. Z have told you that before." the woman in red dress said.

"Oh! no! actually, he didn't tell me a thing about it. Would you mind explaining it so i will know what the heck is happening here now?!" I let out a fake laugh.

A man in a suit, i don't know if he's really a man, i am thinking he's like Mr. Z, 50% man, 50% woman, its 50/50, explained it to me. They said that i will not be on a local modeling thingy, but instead it will be displayed on the international poster or something of the product. Yeah! How cool was that huh?! So they will be conducting some tests and photo sessions to see if i get their approval.

After that long conversation, i look at the clock. What?! It's 11:50 am. It's like i've been here for the whole day. Anyway, i need to eat. I'm really hungry. Good thing Mr. Z was there, he'll treat me for lunch. Whooo! it's my lucky day. He said i can have anything i want for lunch. Oh yeah! I'll be eating much today.

"Yeah! I'm really hungry!" i shouted running towards the elevator.

Afterwards, Mr. Z followed me and then we go down to the ground floor, where the food are. Wooo!

"Hey, Mr. Z. Can we have korean food for lunch?! please?" i said giving him my best puppy eyes.

"Whatever you want." he smiled.

I run straight to the korean food store at the ground floor. It's kimbob, i just knew it. I've been eating there for many years, but only this time, i knew its name.

So, i look straight to the menu while waiting for Mr. Z. When he got there he quickly waved his hands at someone and smiled.

"Hey! Mr. Z..." i waved back but i quickly put my hand down as soon as i realized he wasn't waving at me.

He pass me his wallet and told me to get anything that i'm going to eat. So, yeah, i just ordered what i wanted and looked for a vacant table. He go at the table where a woman in her 40's is sitting. Adults. -_-

As my eyes were searching for one, it stopped in a guy waving at me. It's "Ian".

"Nevermind." i rolled my eyes.

I went to the other direction searching for other vacant tables. Lucky! i got one and its not far away from Mr. Z's table. It's like 3 tables away from his. And i've got the perfect view outside. I can see the busy people running, walking fast, chatting with each other and many things.

"Hey!" someone tapped me on the shoulder.

I groaned. I hate it when someone do that. "What the heck?!"

Then, he sat across the table. "Just wanted to say hi!" While i was grievously ripping the chopsticks "Well, you already did! Now get lost." i harshly said.

He took a bite of his sushi. "Nah. I think i might want to know you first." he winked.

I quickly shivered at his wink. "Ew. Stop doing that. That's disgusting." I mimmic his way of taking a bite. "That creeps me out."