The Truth

Rayna's POV

4 days.4 days of me and Mitch ignoring each other.Ever since he tried to kiss me,we haven't spoke.

Mitch Grassi.

A famous singer.

Almost kissed me.

Rayna Melidite.

A complete nobody that got lifted off the street.

God life is so confusing.I sit on the bed watching TV.I turn over and see Mitch brushing his hair.

I want to talk to him about the situation.

"Uh,Mitch?"

Mitch looks over at me."What?"He asked.I took a deep breath and opened my mouth.

"You know how the other day,you tried to...you know kiss me?"I said.Mitch frowns and sits down on the bed.

"Yeah.I guess how you said you have a crush on me,instincts took over."He said.

He sighs and puts his head in his hands."I just need some time to think this over,Rayna.Okay?"

I nod and turn over.

This is a disaster.I'm falling for the guy that took me in.It doesn't feel right.He tried to kiss me.And now,he isn't sure how to feel.

God I hate love so much.

It's confusing.

I get out of bed and put some clothes on to go out to town."Where are you going?"I hear Mitch ask from the bed.

"I'm going to Starbucks with Kirstie.She's coming to pick me up."I pause.

I sigh and say,"I guess I need to think this over too.".

He nods and I leave the room.I step outside Scott and Mitch's apartment and wait on Kirstie.

In a matter a minutes,Kirstie arrives and picks me up."What's the matter?You seem depressed."Kirstie says.

"I'll tell you at Starbucks."I said.

She nodded and keeps walking.

*At Starbucks*

"Mitch almost kissed you?!"Kirstie yells.I shush her and nod."Well,did he?"She asked.

"No.Scott needed him for something and left the room.Me and Mitch haven't been talking for 4 days.4 days,Kirstie."I explain.

"Well,do you know if he has feelings for you?"Kirstie asked.

"He probably doesn't."I said.

We walk out of Starbucks and walk down the street.I groan and say," But he tried to kiss me!Love is so confusing.".

All of the sudden,I bump into a lady with grocery bags.

"Oh my god!I am so sorry!"I yell.

The woman stands up as I pick her grocery bags up.

As I look up,I see the woman I thought I'd never see again.

Mama.

"Mama!It's me!Rayna!"I said.She looks up and smiles.I hug her tightly and I don't let go.

"I've been looking everywhere for you!I've been searching since you ran off from your father's murder!"She said sniffling.

We stopped hugging and I started crying."Might I ask who this is,Rayna?"Mama asked.

I stop staring into space and introduce Mama to Kirstie.

"I stay at an apartment with my new friends Scott and Mitch.And they're extremely nice,Mama."I explain.

Mama nods and smiles.

"Well,I have a surprise for you.I'm afraid your friend here can't come."Mama said.

"I understand.Go on,Rayna."Kirstie scooted me off and I followed Mama.

She led me down a dark alley.I was nervous cause who would have a surprise here?

"Mama,what are you doing?"I asked.She turned around and put a rag in my mouth.

She shush me and tried to soothe me.I was screaming muffled and crying.And in a matter of seconds,I passed out.

*1 hour later*

I woke up to darkness.The only light I saw was a light above my head.

"You're awake,darling."I hear my mothers voice in the dark room.I look up and adjust my eyesight.

My mom steps into the light and smiles kindly.

"Where am I?"I asked firmly.

"My torture chamber."She said.I looked around me and the main light turned on.

I saw a bunch of knives and guns in the room.My eyes start to water and I start to cry.

"Now,now Dear.I have to show you someone."She said."Come in Selvix!"She yells.

Selvix?My father's name is Selvix.

The doorknob turns and the door opens.I see the man who I thought was dead for 3 years.

My father.

"Father!But how?!You died...you faked your death!"I yelled.

"You are correct,child."Father said.

He pulls a knife out of his pocket and makes a shallow cut on my wrist.I hiss and cry some more.

I look at my wrist and it's bleeding slowly.Just looking at the blood made me sick to my stomach.

"You see,we had to get away from you.And what better way to do that than for me to run away,and for Father to fake his death?"Mama explained.

I shake my head in betray and keep crying.I want to wipe the tears away,but my hands were tide behind my back.

"We have been following you everywhere.And with you staying with those men,we feared they would be a danger to the plan."Father said.

"Danger?How?"I question.

Father glares at me and takes the knife and cuts another shallow cut on the other wrist.

I screamed and hissed.

"We saw one of them trying to kiss you.And we just want to get rid of you.Not him.Just you."Mama said.

"You guys sicken me!I helped around during the hard times.I give you guys advice when you guys would fight with each other.And now you want to kill me?!What the heck is your problem?!"I yell at the top of my lungs.

Mama slaps my face as hard as she could."Well,before you were born,me and Mama killed lots and lots of people."Father explained.

Father crouched up to me and holds the knife up to my abdomen."And now,it's our turn to kill you."He says.

He was ready to stab me,but than there was a knock on the door.Father drew the knife away from me and left.

Mama untied my hands and slapped me again.

"Sweet dreams,Rayna."She says.

I curl up into a little ball and cried.I miss being at the apartment.I miss joking around with Kirstie and Avi.

I miss Scott teaching me how to sing.

I miss going to Mitch whenever something was wrong.

More importantly,I miss him altogether.I miss cuddling up to his chest in bed.

I miss fixing breakfast with him in the mornings.I miss the feeling of him putting his arms around my waist and hugging me.

I love...I love Mitch.