Chapter 15: It's my job.

I wake with a start as my alarm goes off. I pick my head off the pillow and roll out of bed. I shuffle to the bathroom to put my contacts in and brush my teeth before returning to the bedroom to get dressed. I slip on a collared, yet casual dress, some scalloped edge flats and a necklace to help cover the faded love bites. I apply some foundation to my exposed chest as well, just to help disguise them a little more. Curse this pale skin that shows every mark. I finish applying the rest of my makeup and pin back some hair out of my face before heading to the kitchen.

I stop by the studio and hear clicking and typing on keyboards. Those morons did not stay up all fucking night working on these tracks, like I get that it is their job, but it can wait. I think these new tracks need to be done by the end of next month anyway. I sigh, I remember how they would stay up all month practically working on the Wings album, and they have barely had any time to recover from that. I curse under my breath as I open the door to reveal exactly what I imagined: The same two boys who were working all day yesterday are now joined by Hobi, neither look like have slept a wink.

I clear my throat, catching their attention before speaking, *I understand the severity of finishing these tracks in a timely fashion, but sleep is much more important at this current point in time. Take a breather, sleep for a few hours, eat something. You are all still human, none of you are invincible.* I cross my arms.

Yoongi looks up at me, ready with some type of snarky comment, but I beat him to it, *you have until the count of three to save whatever it was you were working on and go to sleep. Don't test me this morning Min Yoongi. It is my job to make sure you are all healthy and taken care of, I will not stand idly by while you self-destruct due to over work.* I reply back in stern diction. I lock eyes with the pale boy as I begin my countdown.

*하나 (han)* Hobi leaves the room as he can sense the serious tone in my voice. And says something about wanting to live. God bless that boy for being a scaredy cat sometimes.

*두 (Dul.)* Namjoon fucking runs out practically, hearing the seriousness in my voice, not before pleading with Yoongi to come with. His advice is ignored and he glides past me, planting a sheepish peck on my cheek, trying to ease the tension. I cast a glance at him, before shifting it back to Yoongi.

I tilt my head and activate the 'mom' stare, that one that can make her kids do anything because you know if you got this, and you didn't do what she asked, death soon followed. Yoongi returns my stare with one of his own, one of this boy's many talents, but as his best friend I know things that can be used as blackmail and he knows it. I cock my eyebrow. He gulps.

*세 (Set.)* I say placidly before lunging at him, attempting to grab him. He can move quickly but, he's exhausted which I'm using to my advantage. I end up hooking my arm through his and pulling it behind his back and grabbing the other to join, I turn him around and walk him to his room, like a prisoner. Shoutout to my dad for teaching me how to do that when I was like 15. His head hangs low in defeat and sleep deprivation. I sit him on the bed, *now go the fuck to sleep Yoongi. I'll have Jin check in on you, I can promise you that. Please, just sleep for a few hours.* I breathe out softly. I leave after he lays down, and walk to the other rapper's respective rooms. Hobi is asleep and Namjoon is sitting up, waiting. I walk in and over to him. *I'm not going to be easy on you either just because you're my boyfriend. You should know better Namjoon.* I say slightly disappointed. I kiss his forehead before leaving the room to go to work.

I send Jin a quick text explaining that the rappers are to stay sleeping for a while and to just keep an eye on them. I received one from Joon almost as soon as I left apologizing for staying up and wishing me luck for this lunch meeting with the CEO. I smile at this goon, so lucky he's mine, he knows how to pull at my heartstrings.