Just Perfect

• Dedicated to you. ♥

woooooooooooooooo. last chapter! well guies it's been a fantastic, what, 7 months? x'D wow, i'm to scared to look back and see how terrible of a writer i was, but oh wells. (: at least you guyys stuck with me. i'm putting an endlouge (whatever you call it) to this tomorrow up, but uhm yeah. LOVE YOU ALL KAI BAI. oh and enjoys.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, the atmosphere was completely different. Usually, the air between me and David was so tense; you could almost slice it with a knife. Now, on the contrary, it was comfortable and pleasant. We packed our bags in silence, but it wasn’t awkward at the least.

“Are you ready?” I murmured quietly, looking at him. He smiled softly at me. It was that same smile that caused my heart to skip a beat and my breath to catch.

“Yeah. If we leave now, the barn will still be open and you’ll get to see Remmey.”

“Awe, you’re always thinking of me. How sweet,” I cried, wiping a mock tear from my eye. I laughed at his reaction, satisfied that it was finally me making his flush and turn away. 

“Let’s go before you say anything else,” he sighed grabbing his bags and walking towards the door. Reaching for my bags, I quickly remembered to check if I had taken everything. When I couldn’t find anything that belonged to me, I followed after David to the parking lot. The familiar pick up stuck out among the other cars, but at least we didn’t have to mill around for too long.                                                 

“I think I should tell you now that I have to eat like, every 30 minutes,” I notified David, because I really was constantly hungry.

“I think I should tell you now that I only have like ten dollars on me,” he said in reply, lifting up my bags and throwing them in the back.

“Well then, it’s my turn to tell you that I came prepared,” I told him, holding out a wad of cash that I had mentally labeled ‘food only’.

“You’re such a pain, Kat. Just get in,” David groaned, shutting the car door behind him. I giggled lightly, jumping in after him.

We drove in silence until a question popped in my mind. We had just turned onto the highway, and I looked intently at David. He must’ve felt my gaze because he quickly shot a look at me.

“What is it? You hungry already?”

“No,” I said quickly, tucking my legs underneath me. “Well that too, but I just thought about this.”

I think he was waiting for me to say something, because he looked at me again.

“Well? What is it?”

“You’re a senior, aren’t you David?”

“And so what if I am.”

“You are going to college, aren’t you?”

“I’m missing the point, Katherine.”

“The point is that you’re going to leave me!” I cried sadly, sitting back in my seat and stretching my legs out.

“Even if I do leave, I’ll come back eventually, Katherine. I promised I wouldn’t hurt you.”

“But David. College is at least two years. A lot can happen in two years. Like, what if you –. Never mind,” I sighed, shaking my head. The idea of him ditching me for another girl hurt me, but it was very probable, as much as I hated to admit it.