Chapter 2

Ok so last time I updated Zach had left to go help his friend Gunner for awhile. Which of course Samantha was left alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After, I had warmed the food up and ate it I decided to get ready to head out and collect supplies. I took a quick shower and grabbed fresh clothes. I pulled on my blue short sleeve, denim shorts, and my worn out sneakers.

When I reached down stairs my backpack had been cleaned out so I packed the supplies I needed.

I grabbed my flashlight, pistol, first aid, binoculars, compass, map, axe, matches, canned fruit, and my cell phone. When I put it on I grabbed the rifle Zach had left out and slung the strap over my shoulder.

Most of the zombies have died down over these years but their was still groups that you would see here and there. One city is still highly populated but nobody has the guts to enter and kill them.

When I closed the door I walked towards the garage and hopped on one of the fourwheelers. When I got to the middle of town an hour later some of my closest friends had gathered. I rode up closer and realized the two of my best friends Grant, and Allison were loping. So I quietly stopped and went to congratulate them.

Seeing them lope made me think about Zach and I loping. We were stupid cause when you get married you usually start thinking about kids but who on earth would want to bring a child into our infected world.

"Would you even think about having kids with the town like this? No where to get clothes good enough. It'd slow you down to much and you wouldn't even be able to fend for yourself." I said while I stood behind everybody

Only Allison had heard me so she pulled me over to the side for others to talk.

"Well, what are you gonna do if you and Zach have a little fun and you blow up like a balloon. Don't tell me what I can't do and can. If we want kids know we will have kids now!" She said as she came face to face with me.

"It'd be to dangerous I just don't want any of y'all getting hurt out th-" I started to say but was interrupted by a loud girl screaming down the road.

Everybody then split up and ran off I quickly looked down the road to see Zach coming around the corner. The infected that had gotten the girl noticed Zach and he ran over so we hopped on the fourwheeler and sped off.

"I didn't get any supplies" I said as we had lost the infected through the dirt. "Who was the girl?" I asked as Zach buried his face in my shoulder. He started to cry as we were pulling up to Allison's to make sure they were ok.

"It-t was-s my sister" he wept as memories of us all hanging out in the park flashed through my head like a tape recorder.

It was Zach, Elizabeth, and me as our trio. We had done everything together and she had been thinking about moving n with her boyfriend Nate next door to us.

"Do you think Nate was with her?" I asked him as I turned around and wrapped my arms around him and my face was already soaked with strings of hair sticking to my face like glue.

"If he had been he would be gone... He wouldn't have left her to die alone... We made a deal that we would be the first to go not you or her.

I wiped my face on his shirt and kissed his neck.

When I sat up straight a rush of nausea flew through me so automatically I ran off and before I could make it anywhere I was already throwing up at the side of Allison's house when I heard their front door open.

Allison came to my side and rubbed my back. When I had finished she had me stand up while Zach stood on the porch waiting for me to be ok.

"I think you need to come with me" Allison said as we rushed through the house and entered the bathroom.

"Stay out there Zach!" I yelled as he tried entering the bathroom.

Before I knew it she was handing me a pregnancy test.

"You honestly believe I could be pregnant? You have got to be kidding me!" She glared at me and say on the bathroom counter.

"Is your period late? Have y'all had sex in awhi-" I interrupted her with a grunt.

"Fine I'll take the test..."