Chapter 8-Truth or Dare

Zayn was sitting on his bunk reading a book when the other four lads returned, chattering away and teasing each other, effectively breaking the silence he had been enjoying.

"Do you think you could have a little more fun?" Zayn commented, his tone dripping with sarcasm.

Louis responded immediately, exclaiming cheekily: "Sure! We're all gonna hang out together now, so you can put away that boring book and join the real world."

"S'not boring..." Zayn mumbled, but he begrudgingly slid the book into his duffel bag and scooted to sit on the edge of his bunk, out of the shadows which had previously been partially obscuring him from view. "What are we doing, anyways?"

"I dunno. Something."

"I've got an idea!" Niall called from his bunk, where he was changing with the curtain shut. "We can play truth or dare! I love that game!"

"I'm up for that," Louis agreed, taking charge. "Thoughts, anyone?"

"I'll play!" Harry said, excited. "I haven't played much, but I'll do it!"

"Good, good. Liam, Zayn?" Somehow Louis had become the leader of the group, maybe because he was oldest, or the most outgoing.

"Um, I'm not sure..." Liam hesitated. "I've, um, never actually played this game before."

"C'mon, it's fun!" Harry encouraged, glad to know he wasn't the only one who was somewhat new to it.

"S'just...I don't even know what kind of dares..." Liam trailed off, not sure how he was planning to end his sentence.

"It's not that hard, Liam," Zayn scoffed. "I'll start. Liam. Truth or dare?"

"Um...dare?" Liam chewed his lip, a bit nervous for what Zayn might think of, as he really didn't know what kind of dares people did for this game.

"Hmm..." Zayn studied Liam's face for a moment, before smirking. "I dare you to go all day tomorrow without a pullup."

Liam's eyes widened. He wasn't expecting that at all. He looked around to the others desperately to see their reactions. Harry was just watching with wide eyes, apparently also surprised. Niall was frowning a bit and seemed to be thinking. Louis was looking intently at Liam, gauging his reaction.

"If you don't want to do it-" he started, before Zayn cut him off.

"He has to do it, Louis. We aren't playing with chickens, are we? Cuz that's boring."

"I-I..." Liam sputtered.

"I'll do it with you." Niall announced.

"You-you don't have to, Ni..."

"Why not? I was going to try going without anyway at some point, why not now? Then we can keep an eye on each other."

"I guess...okay." Liam chewed on his lip, not entirely excited about how this game was turning out, but also not wanting to seem like a coward in front of his new friends.

"You'll be alright." Louis said, moving to sit next to Liam on his bunk. "It's your turn next. Who are you going to pick?

"Um...Harry? Truth or dare?" Liam looked at Louis after asking his question, to make sure he did it right, and receiving a nod from the older boy, smiled.

"Uh...oh, I don't know...truth, I guess."

"Right, okay, uh..." Liam paused. He had a couple of ideas, he just wasn't sure if any of them were appropriate for the game at this point. "Louis?" He turned to the boy at his side and whispered in his ear, then back away. He was surprised when Louis' face lit up and he nodded, but he proceeded to ask his question. "Harry, what is the name of the last person you kissed?"