Chapter 6

GAJEEL

Walking with Levy was everything I wanted it to be, but I would have changed the fact the we weren't holding hands. The awkward silence would be replaced with hand holding for sure.

"Yo Shrimp, how far is it to your place?" I loved walking with her but I didn't want it to seem like I had impure motives. She had only invited me over so she could figure out who the love letter was from. It hurt a bit to think that she was asking me for help because she thought it was not from me.

"It's just around the corner. Shouldn't you know how far it is because the boy's dorm is just across the street?" Dang! I forgot that she is super smart. I decided to play dumb.

"It is?" That sounded super convincing Gajeel, great job. Instead of pointing out all the problems in my question, she just started laughing. Her laugh was like an angel's, cute and sweet. It fitted her small frame when she laughed a fairy's laugh. 

"Gajeel, Earthland to Gajeel," Levy was calling to me when I started to stare at her. God, that was embarrassing. I don't think she noticed, hopefully. She probably did. Why does she have to so damn observant?

I saw the dorm buildings a ways down the street from us. "Uh what? Oh look we're here," I said to quickly change the subject. Cue another laugh from Levy.