Chapter 11

LEVY

'How do I get out of saying that? I wasn't thinking, I just had to speak the first thought that came to my mind!' I thought to myself when Gajeel gave me a quizzical look.

"It's um..." I blushed and trailed off into an awkward silence between Gajeel and I. I trained my eyes on the floor again. The carpets in the girls' and boys' dorms are the same. The more you know; although, I don;t think that information will help me now or ever.

"Shrimp, is it from you?" Gajeel asked with a blush on his face and a shaky voice. He was staring at the wall behind me (which was also the same color as the walls in my dorm).

"W-why would you say that?" I shuddered at his ability to know things he shouldn't. On all the missions I've done with him, he's never once provided helpful information. Why does he have to use his brain now?

"I say this because I was the one who gave you that letter. If you don't believe me smell the letter then smell my room." Both me and Gajeel were redder than tomatoes at this point.

"Y-you like me?" I asked him nervously. I didn't want to get my hopes up, but my heart was already beating faster and faster every second. I didn't know it was possible for it to go faster than before.

"Yeah, and I hope you do too even though you never could because of what I did to you when I was in Phantom Lord," he said dejectedly. It shook me that he was still hung up on that. 

"I do love you. You know I forgave you a long time ago right?" I was happily crying silently because the love of my life loved me back. I had unlocked true love.

We kept talking about other things until Gajeel said something that made me the happiest girl in the world.

"Levy," he started by saying my real name, "will you be mine?"