Tarnal

And I was running from two lions and their two lionesses. They were gaining on me quickly.

"Help!" I shouted before one of the lions tackled me. The head snarled at me. The one that had me pinned down roared at the other lions. Slowly the lions each had a limb. They started dragging me somewhere. My back is starting to get scratches and scrapes from the rough terrain. My skin tight white shirt was tearing and my tan shorts were tearing also. I want to struggle but the hold on my arms and legs would be ripped off. After a few minutes the sound of arrows whistling sounded. All the lion let you a yowl as the arrows pierced their flanks.

They let go of my arms and legs but they had left tiny punctures from their teeth. I sat up and saw a group of hunters in front of me, staring as they flung the lion's dead bodies over their shoulders. A girl hunter walked up with a Leopard by her side.

"Are you alright?" She asked while helping me up. I nodded and wiped off the dust that was clinging to my clothes and skin. I picked off a twig off my head. I looked at the leopard and saw her violet eyes staring into my amber eyes. I started feeling uncomfortable so I looked away. The girl just laughed.

"Don't mind Uraza. She doesn't trust people she just met." The girl explained. Then it dawned on me. This was Abeke and her Spirit Animal, The Mighty Uraza. I bowed to them in respect. Uraza purred at the respect. "What village do you live in?" Abeke asked her cheeks a little red.

"I don't have a village." I said while shrugging my shoulders, like having a village shouldn't matter. Abeke looked at a man and he nodded and Abeke smiled at me.

"You can join our village!" I looked her in surprise.

"You guys don't have to. I don't want to be a burden to you."

"Pffft......Nonsense! You wouldn't be a burden." She said while swinging her bow over her shoulder. "Plus everyone needs a home. So come on we're having a feast tonight." Abeke and the rest of the hunters started walking away but Uraza stayed by me side waiting for me to follow. I sighed and ran to catch up with them.

--------------------------------------

"Thank you Abeke for the wonderful meal." I said gratefully. She just smiled before walking to her families hut. I went to mine also. After a few minutes someone came into the hut an clamped a hand over my mouth before two others tied me up and took me outside onto a cart. I started squirming as they chained me down and wrapped my mouth with cloth and rope.

Before we left, the man whispered, "Write a note explaining who this boy is to the girl." I was confused. Are they talking about Abeke? The other guy nodded and started scribbling on a note and took it into my hut. I started shouting but it was muffled and quiet. They laughed at me and slapped my face. When the guy came back, everyone got on a horse and pulled the wagon. I heard a yowl and shouting as we left. I tried to shout again, but again it didn't work.

We sped up till we reached the beach and they hauled me onto a boat. We wet sail as soon as the sun came up. In my cell, a bright flash of light whipped across my vision. My body felt like I got shocked by lightning. Right in front of me was a lion.

"Carboa?" I said in shock.