Chapter 2

"Grayson!" I heard a voice call out to me. 

  I turned around and saw Damon running through the hallway trying to catch up to me.  

"Are we still going to work on the project today?" he asked, a small smile forming on his face. 

  "Yeah, I guess. Only if you want," I shrugged. 

  "I do want to," he said blushing. 

    "Follow me," 

  I drove home with his car following mine. I looked back at him and saw that he had his phone out filming himself. What is he doing? 

  What if he's like everyone else? What if he secretly hates me? What if he's going to use me? So many what if's were running through my head the whole time I was driving home. I'm scared that he's just like everyone else. 

  Besides Alex, Damon is the only person at school who's actually nice to me. I know Alex would never use me or do anything to hurt me because we've known each other since we were kids. Our parents are close friends, and he's like a brother to me. Alex is the only person that's never hurt me or left me. He's always been there for me. Whenever I was sad, he'd always make me feel better. 

  I could never like him as more than a friend though. In ninth grade we tried dating for a few months but it didn't work out. He was too much like family to me. 

  "You have a nice house," Damon said as we got out of our cars. 

  "Thanks," I mumbled as I walked to the front door. "My parents aren't home so..." I trailed off. 

    Thankfully, they weren't home. It would be awkward for me and Damon. They would ask him a bunch of questions and ask if he was my boyfriend which would be very embarrassing. 

  "I'm not like that," Damon chuckled. 

  "No! I didn't mean it like that! I just meant that it wouldn't be awkward since they're not home," I said blushing, realizing what it sounded like.

  I really need to think before I speak.  

  Damon laughed as I walked inside of my house. 

  "My room's upstairs," I mumbled walking up the staircase, Damon following close behind. 

  My pulse increased as I walked to my room. Why am I do nervous? We're just working on a project. But what if he tries something? What if that's the only reason he came here? But he said he's not like that...

  "Are you hungry or anything?" I muttered as I threw my bag down by my bed. 

    "No, I'm fine," he said looking around my room. 

  "You can just set your stuff anywhere," 

  My bed was pressed against the wall by the window, and my desk was on the other side of my small room filled with pictures and paper. 

  Damon sat his bag by mine and sat beside me on the bed. 

  "Sorry about everything that happened to you today," he mumbled, playing with his jacket sleeve. 

  "It wasn't your fault," I said turning my head to look at the wall. 

  "I know but still. That shouldn't have happened to you," 

  I shrugged. "It's whatever," I lied. 

  "They're all douche bags," he muttered, quietly. "Especially the Grace chick. Gosh, I really hate her. She's always so mean to you and she doesn't have a reason to be,"

  "That's Grace," I sighed. "She's always been mean to me. I don't know what I did to make her hate me so much..."

  "You didn't do anything. She just has nothing better to do than harass people who are clearly way prettier and better than her,"

  I looked down and blushed as he said that. 

  We sat in awkward silence for a few minutes not bothering to work on the project. I twiddled my thumbs looking at the ground. 

  Maybe we should do this another day. We both seem to not really want to start on it right now. But I don't want to seem rude.

  "Are we going to start on the project?" I asked quietly, trying to break the awkward silence. 

  "Oh, yeah," he said as we both grabbed our binders and textbooks out of our bags.  

  Once again, their was awkward silence as we started to look for information about what we were suppose to do. 

  "We're so going to fail this," I mumbled as I flipped through my binder. 

  We worked on the project for about an hour in silence before Damon sat his binder and textbook to the side. 

  "That boy you like doesn't even notice you! Why can't you see that I'm right in front of you?!" Damon randomly blurted out. 

  Before I could even say anything, Damon grabbed my face with both of his hands and kissed me passionately. I was too shocked to do anything. 

  "I-I'm sorry," he said pulling away. 

  "What was that for?" I asked not meaning to sound rude. 

  Damon bit his lip. "Because I love you, and I really care about you. You're beautiful... And I'm in love with you," 

  "Y-you barely know me," I stuttered, still shocked. 

  "But I want to know you. And from what I know about you is that you're a beautiful person. You're always so nice to everyone even if they hate you," 

  Was I really hearing him say all of this? No, I'm just imagining things. Damon doesn't know me. He knows nothing about me. He only knows my name. 

  "I love how you're not afraid to be different," he continued. "I don't know anyone else who would have the guts to dye their hair pink. I love how you don't dress and act like everyone else does. You're different and that's what I love about you," 

  I opened my mouth as if to say something, but I couldnt. No words could come out of my mouth. 

  No one has said this to me before. No one has said anything close to this. 

  Since I couldn't speak, I did the only other thing I could think to do- I kissed him. Damon kissed me back and placed a hand on the side of my face. 

  He leaned his forehead against mine as he pulled away. "Be mine,"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's really short D: