Part 1

Dylan ran out of the school, tears pooling in his eyes as he ran. He wouldn't let them fall, not for them. He heard their laughter as he ran, gripping his light purple backpack tighter in his hands. Why couldn't he just wear the clothes he wanted to wear, without hearing those hurtful and disgusting words directed towards him. He didn't think he deserved it, but he now starting to think he did.

He slowed to a walk, making his way to the park close to the school. He ignored the looks the people he walked past gave him. He has received them for years. He smoothed down his pink skirt, wrapping his arms around his body. He looked at the houses and nature as he walked past, thinking about how hard life was at that moment in time.

He had finally made it to the park, looking at the children playing on the playground, their mothers talking over to the side. He walked further into the park, looking for his favorite oak tree, which was located in a secluded area in the park. When he finally arrived, he saw that there was already someone in his place.

The boy, around Dylan's age, was sitting with his back against the tree trunk. His knees were brought up to his chest, as he quietly sobbed into them. Dylan slowly made his way over to him, careful not to scare the boy. As he got closer, he was able to make out the boys features. He had curly, short jet black hair, was wearing a black jacket over his navy blue shirt, and black pants. "Hey."

The boy shot up, startled by the voice. He wildly looked around for the source of it. Dylan quickly made his way over to him, placing his hand on his shoulder in a attempt to calm him down. The boy looked in his direction, his eyes a dark grey, mostly likely from crying. His eyes were unfocused, like he was staring right through him. Oh. He's blind.

"Who are you," asked the boy, as he cautiously looked up at the person in front of him. He flinched slightly at the hand on his shoulder. Dylan took his hand off his shoulder, sitting down beside the male, putting his hands in his lap. "My name is Dylan, it's nice to meet you."

The boy hesitated. Was he really going to give this total stranger his name? He shrugged, not really caring at this point. "My name is Jacob, nice to meet you too, I guess."

Dylan shifted slightly, putting his hands in his lap. He picked up a blade of grass. "Why are you crying Jacob?" Stupid! Why would you ask him something like that?

Jacob rubbed his hands together, turning to the voice that was talking to him. "Just some jerks messing with me because I'm blind," he said, playing with a golden flower he picked. Dylan nodded, looking down at his hands. "I know how you feel, I get bullied too."

Jacob raised his eyebrow. "Why would you get bullied, you seem nice?"

Dylan quietly sighed, rubbing his arms as he answered. "I like to dress girly. I wear skirts and dresses and makeup and stuff like that," he said, softly and quietly, to the boy beside him.

Jacob hummed, reaching out to the boy. He grabbed Dylan's hair, softly playing with it. He twirled a strain of hair with his fingers. "Your hair is really soft."

Dylan giggled and smiled, grabbing his phone to look at the time. 6:54. Dylan turned back Jacob. "Sorry Jacob, I got to go."

Jacob nodded, smiling slightly. "Can we see each other again?" Dylan's smile widened, grabbing his belongings. "Of course we can, after school."

Dylan turned around and started walking away. "Bye Jacob."

"Bye Dylan."

As Dylan made his was home, all previous thoughts disappeared, all his thoughts were on the boy he just met moments ago.