Part 2

Jacob sat there for 15 minutes after the boy left, thinking, but not crying anymore. He wouldn't let them make him cry anymore. His mind kept drifting to the boy, who name he said was Dylan. He tried to picture said boy in his mind, seeing that was all he could really do. He imagined the boy with soft brown, long, and curly hair. In his mind, the boys eyes were a bright blue, like the sky, which he hasn't seen in a while. He thought the sky was still blue anyway. He was pretty sure Dylan was shorter than him, seeing as Jacob was pretty tall, 6'5 to be exact.

He got up, shaking the grass and flower petals that he felt on his shirt, before grabbing his walking stick, and making his way out of the park. Being blind for 7 years, he was able to make his way around without bumping into anyone or anything. His walk home was quiet, the occasional roar of a car engine he would here, but that was about it. He finally made his way home, feeling the rock that his mother had put there to show his home. He didn't have his seeing eye dog with him today, but he was doing fine without her.

He heard the front door to his house open. "Jacob, honey come inside," said his mom, Talia, as she grabbed his hand, gently pulling him inside the warm house. "Hey mom," he said, kissing her on the cheek and squeezing her hand. She squeezed it back, softly smiling to herself when she saw the little smile on her sons face. "How was school sweetheart?" she asked, letting go of his hand when they reached the kitchen. Jacob sat in the chair, laying his head on his arms. "Oh you know, same old stuff happening."

Talia frowned at that answer, knowing about the bullying and the problems that were happening to her baby boy. She placed a bowl of pasta in front of him, rubbing his shoulders as he started to eat. "I'm so sorry sweetheart, I know it's hard," she said, kissing his forehead, before getting him some water. Jacob nodded. "It's ok mom, but on the bright side, I met someone knew today, he was really nice," he said before stuffing some pasta into his mouth. Talia wiggled her eyebrows, smirking at her son. "What's his name?" she asked in a teasing voice. Jacob laughed, shaking his head at his mom. "His name is Dylan, so he says." Jacob got up and put his empty bowl in the sink. "He's a crossdresser, he wears dresses and skirts and stuff like that."

His mom nodded her head, rubbing her eyes, before leading her son out the kitchen and to his room. "He sounds delightful, now get ready for bed. I'll see you in the morning sweetheart." She kissed her son's cheek, before ruffling his hair and making her way out the room, softly closing the door. Jacob smiled, getting dressed in his night clothes, which were laid down on his bed already. He took out his phone, pressing the home button. "What is the time?" "9 o'clock, Jacob." He put connected his phone to the charger, before cutting off his light and laying under his blanket.

He would usually start crying, a common routine for him when he goes to bed, but tonight, tonight was different. He could get his mind of the boy he met a few hours ago. His voice was different than the voices he heard at school. It was soft, caring. The way he touched his shoulder, like he didn't want to hurt him, which he didn't feel often, only from his mother. A small smile was on his face, slowly falling into a peaceful sleep, one of the first ones that wasn't fueled by tears.