Part 6

Jacob continued his walk home, Harpae leading him. Dylan's home was close to his, so it didn't take long for him to get home. The only problem was the fact that he was late. Very late.

"JACOB WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" As soon as he walked through the door, his mother ran up to him, hugging him tightly. "I was so worried! I thought something happened!" Jacob hugged his mom back, chuckling slightly at her panic. He appreciated her concern, but sometimes, she could be too much. I mean, he was 17. He may be blind, but he could take care of himself.

"Mom I'm fine. I can take care of myself." She looked up at him, glaring. "Well you missed dinner, and you scared me mister. So your grounded!" Jacob was in shock, as he put his hand on his chest. "Mom!"

It was silent for a moment, before he heard his mom loud laughter, as she bent over. "I'm just playing Jacob. But seriously, you scared me." She stopped laughing, taking his face into her hands. Jacob held her soft hands, smiling in the direction of her voice.

"I'm sorry Mom, I just lost track of time..." She nodded, then hugged him, pulling him close to her. She was worried about her son, for he did have trouble surviving in this world. There was no doubt that she would do anything to protect him...

Jacob pulled away from his mother, still holding onto her shoulders. "I was talking to the boy today... that's why I was so late..." His mom was silent for a moment, before she squealed, bouncing up and down. "You were hanging out with him! What did you guys do?! Oh my god my son has a friend!"

His cheeks heated up at his mothers excitement, chuckling at her behavior. "We just hung out at the park, and I walked him home." She squealed again, then gasped, shaking his shoulders. "DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM?!"

Talia watched as her sons cheeks turned a bright red, grinning widely. "N-no! Mom we j-just met. He probably doesn't like me anyway..." She made a face, then slapped her son lightly. She did that a lot, because he always said stuff like that. It broke her heart, over and over again.

"Jacob, don't you dare say that! You are handsome! Just like your father..." Jacob tensed up at the mention of his father, before biting his lip. "Mom... I'm gonna go to bed..." "But, don't you want dinner-" "No mom, I'm fine. I'm not hungry..." He made his way up stairs, holding onto the wooden railing.

Talia watched him go, tears filling her eyes. She knew her son wasn't over his fathers death, she wasn't even over it. Why did I even bring it up... She took a deep breath, making sure no tears would spill. It killed her inside, knowing that her husband didn't die peacefully... It hurt her more to know Jacob was there...

Jacob walked to his room and closed his door, hearing Harpae scratch on the door. The dog whimpered, making him open the door for her. She jumped on the bed, and got herself comfortable on it. He made his way around the room, stepping on a few things in the process. He was able to find his sweat pants and t-shirt, after much searching. He slipped them on quickly, then crawled into bed after cutting off the light.

He felt the German Shepard breathe beside him, sleeping peacefully. He closed his eyes, which wasn't much of a difference. His dad died when he was 7. It was also the time when he went blind. His dad was amazing, for the 7 years they were together. They did everything together, he trusted his dad. Then, he was gone. Gone from existence, from just one simple mistake, that could have been avoided.

He thought back to Dylan, and the encounter they had a few hours ago. Even though he was blind, he knew Dylan had to be beautiful. He honestly didn't know what beautiful was anymore, until he met Dylan yesterday. Now, he knew what beautiful was. He loved everything about the boy. His laugh, his squeal, and he was so kind. Even if he wasn't the most liked.

He shouldn't fall in love this fast, but for a kid who hasn't had friends most of his life, it was kinda hard. He had come to terms that he wasn't going to find love, and that he wouldn't be able to love anybody. Until Dylan came. Until Dylan talked to him. Until Dylan held his hand.

Until he loved Dylan.