Chapter: 1

My father had a quote, "Family is nothing, all it does is leave you sad and alone."

I grew up believing that, when it's said to you three times a day everyday you start to think there's got to be some truth to it. My junkie mother left when I was four and my brother left when I was thirteen, He promised that he would come back after training for the police academy but he never came back. Let me tell you growing up with an alcoholic father who blames you for his family leaving is not fun. I was surprised he didn't drop me off at an orphanage and call it a day but no, he said I looked just like my mother and he needed me, in more ways than one.

When I turned eighteen I finally collected the courage to runaway, I didn't know where I was going to be honest I didn't care, I just had to get away. Still mentally and physically scared I spent a year looking for my brother, I realized that was a dead end I became a drifter, never saying in one place for to long. I got involved with some really bad people, started going down the wrong path. Then I met a man by the name of Dominic Toretto, he challenged me to a race not knowing what he was in for. I was the first person ever to beat him.

You know that feeling you get when you see someone and you can't imagine not having them in your life, that's the feeling I got when I first saw Dom. A week later I moved in and officially became apart of the team, at that moment I truly learned the meaning of family.

"Emily." I heard Letty yell. "Get your ass down here, we're leaving now. I sighed and pulled my long brown hair up into a lose bun, looking into the bathroom mirror I give myself a once over before putting on my outfit.

 I sighed and pulled my long brown hair up into a lose bun, looking into the bathroom mirror I give myself a once over before putting on my outfit

"Emily." Letty yelled again.

I laughed lightly, shaking my head and making my way down the stairs. "Thank god." Jesse groaned getting up off the couch. "Girl, you take forever." Vince followed Jesse out of my house and Letty came up behind me.

"Emily, you okay?" She asked me, I nodded unconvincingly. "You know better than to lie to me."  Letty raised her eyebrow. She had that gift where she always knew what everyone was thinking, I'd known her for three years and she could read me like a book.

"Um, Johnny's been calling." I admitted. "I've told him, I'm done and to stop calling but he doesn't get the picture."

"Have you talked to Dom?" Letty asked handing me my purse.

"I was going to but then last nights job came up and he was stressed and I didn't want to add to it." A honk came from outside and I looked at Letty. "I'll tell him tonight, after the races. I promise.

"Emily, Johnny is not a good guy. You of all people know that, tell Dom." I nodded and Letty and I started walking towards her car.