Chapter 8

Dom and I had been driving for what felt like days, we'd stopped off at a pharmacy so Dom could get me some antibiotics to fight off the infections and some pain meds to keep me sane. I was so tired and I prayed that I could just catch a couple hours sleep, the pain wouldn't let up it just kept throbbing and sending shocks through my body. My new phone started ringing bringing me out of my self pity, I grimaced as I reached back and grabbed it.

Dom and I tossed our phones when we got out of L.A so I was confused on how someone had gotten my number so quickly.

" Hello?" I asked wearily.

"Emily?" The voice asked. I closed my eyes. "Emily, is that you?"

"I should hung up right now." I growled, reopening my eyes. "How the hell did you get this number? No wait, I forgot you have all those cop contacts."

"Emily." Brian sighed. "Are you with Dom?"

I saw Dom paying for his items and talking to the cashier, most likely asking directions. "No. I'm alone.

"Bullshit." Brian snapped. "I've seen the surveillance footage from the hospital, I saw him wheel you out."

"If you know I'm with him then why are you asking?"

"I know I lied about betrayed everyone's trust. And I'm very sorry. So just tell me your okay."

"I'm Okay." Was my answer, I couldn't say anything else because I'm starting to resent him. "You can't call me anymore."

"I know." I'm sorry."

"I know." I hung up the phone and turned it off, placing it on the dash I sat back again. Dom exited the store and climbed back into the car. He send me a small smile and pulled out a pack of meds.

"How did you get these without a prescription?" I asked, popping one into my mouth and swallowing it dry. Dom send me a knowing look and I scoffed. "You flirted."

Dom nodded and starting the car, "You Okay?" He questioned pulling out of the parking lot.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I smiled, placing a hand on his knee. "I love you."

"I love you too." He replied smiling.

I new as long as we're together everything is right in my world.

Yesterday was my birthday. Thank you everyone for supporting my book. Comment and vote.