Chapter 24- I woke up

I woke up to the feeling of his arms wrapped tightly around me. The sunset was just beginning to rise and glowed as the moon was just about out of sight. The smell of morning broke through the smell of the wildflowers around us, mixed with the scent of him.He was constant and peaceful in his breathing.

I should be worried what my friends will think at school,but I'm not. I should be dreading the lecture from my parents when I return home,but I'm not. Why...? Because I'm laying here with James. I'm so deep in thought I almost don't feel him, gripping onto my waistline.
"Come here, beautiful-" He stated.
I smiled and inched my way closer to him. His body was warm still,and felt good mixed with the morning breeze.

"So...." I stammered.

"Hmm??" He questioned.

"Last night..." I began.

"What? Did I hurt you? Are you feeling okay?" He rose up on his elbow.

"No,no.... I'm fine. I'm great actually,and you were perfect. I just... I just wanted to tell you that it was nice."

"Nice?" His left eyebrow rose.

"I mean, good. It was great.... Sorry, I'm not the best with words-" I stammered.

"Oh okay-" He grinned.

"We should get you home-" He added after a moment.

"Yeah, I suppose-" I bit my lip.

In actuality I didn't want to agree. I didn't want to do anything,but stay there. Looking at him. Memorizing him. Taking in him. Tasting him. Touching him. And simply being there ...with him.