Chapter 6- The Schedule

It wasn't that long of a night. My parents didn't ground me because they figured I had already been off schedule enough, and that must of had me in enough torment. I didn't fall asleep till 1:02 am, so I don't want to get up.

I have to get up this instant though if I want to keep on schedule today. Nicolas texted me and said he's no longer sick. He asked me if Morgan got me to school; and of course I didn't know what to say. So I didn't reply.

Okay I'm getting up. I stop my alarm and slide into my slippers. I hurry to do my regular workout. I need to shower, I don't want to; but I must try to get back to my perfect life. I finally talk myself into it, and hop in. It's a good thing too, because I'm beginning to feel normal again.

As the water is running down my face, I imagine James. He and I are playing laser tag again, but this time he finds me. He lifts me up, and I drop to the floor, and then he begins shooting me till I'm completely down. Then suddenly, he gets shot in the back and falls right on me. He began laughing so hard and that only made me want to laugh at the look on his face. He looked so happy to be with me...I looked so happy. And as we gazed at each other, he pulled me into a kiss.

Stop

No.

I've always been happy, this isn't some new thing? I have a perfect life! I have a planned out life, therefore I won't have pain and hurt, I won't have any unknown.

I have Nicolas and I'm very happy. I'm the happiest, luckiest girl on the planet. I have two awesome parents and Nicolas.

What more could I want?

Nothing, that's what.

So what if James is beyond adorable when he acts stupid? So what if he calls me beautiful? I don't need it. I don't need him at all, he's not anything important in my life? He never has, and never will be.

Finally I collect myself and reach for a towel in the closet. I make myself walk to my closet and grab out a "I woke up like this" sweater, a cute mini skirt, and a pair of golden heels my mother bought me for my birthday last month.

I don't get rid of gifts from people, so I can wear that stuff unlimited. (The rules change for those, but only for those.)

I went to my jewelry box and picked out a pearl bracelet, with matching earrings; and decided to wear a dove cuff on the left ear.

I thought I'd try something new, and keep my hair down today. I had spent more time in the shower then normal, rather having that time to put my hair up.

By the time I got outside, Nicolas was pulling up.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hi-" I half smiled.

"Umm, Sorry about yesterday. Did Morgan pick you up?"

"No. I got another ride." I replied.

Okay, well I didn't lie. I told him the truth. I did get another ride. What I did all day, well what he doesn't need to know, won't hurt him.

"Oh good. You seemed frantic so, I was afraid that, well never mind. Let's go."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"No, what were you afraid of?"

"That you'd break up with me." He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh." Why I didn't respond with "I would never break up with you?" Beats me. I don't know what's going on with me.

My brain's thinking too much about yesterday. Why don't I think he should know... Okay, I know why. But playing dumb feels better. He'll only think the wrong thing. He'll think James and I have "something", but we don't. In fact, James is beginning to make me angry. I wish he would of just left my life be.

"See, your angry..." He hesitated to say but said it anyway.

"No? I'm not angry? Well I am. But, not with you-" I admitted, tracking the threading at the end of my mini skirt.

"Oh, with who?"

"Too close..." I responded.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to get too personal."

"It's cool, you want a kiss?" I grinned.

"That would be nice." He responded as he opened my door.

It was a beautiful day and the sun was shining, I was staring to see hope for today. But then out of the corner of my eye, I saw him. Yep, there he was again; it was James Mitchell. I immediately pulled from Nicolas' lips.

Suddenly, I began to panic inside and my hands became sweaty. No way could I be caught talking to James in front of Nicolas, he'd figure yesterday out. He'd know that we had spent the whole day together, and he couldn't know. He just couldn't. I know it would crush him.