Chapter 3

Clary Fray POV:

I looked at Percy and Annabeth and saw that their jaws had dropped almost to the ground. "A portal? Really now." Annabeth said skeptically.

"Yes, a portal. Now let me concentrate." I grumbled. These people, demigods, whatever they are, are getting on my nerves. I carefully used my stele to make the runes needed for a portal. The runes started glowing and I sighed. "Ok, Who's first?" I asked looking around.

"Luke and Jocelyn should go first." Maryse said gesturing at my mom. "Then Alec and Isabelle. Then I will go and Percy and Annabeth will follow me." Maryse added lookng at the demigods.

"So Clary and I are coming through last? That's great." Jace said grinning at me.

"Well hurry up and go mom. I'm hungry." I said impatiently. She just laughed and stepped through the portal and into the Institute. Luke, Isabelle, and Alec followed silently. Then came Maryse.

"It's not scary, and you'll still be in New York. Don't worry." she said with a last look at Percy and Annabeth. They looked at each other uncertainly and then Percy gave Annabeth a quick kiss before steping through the portal. Annabeth sighed and followed him.

"Well, looks like it's just you and me." Jace said with a huge grin. He bent down and gave me a short kiss before he walked through the portal. I sighed and looked around before following him home.

Percy Jackson POV:

Portals suck. That's all I have to say about them. I felt like I was in the middle of a tornado. When the spinning finally stopped, I looked around and realized that I was in the middle of a library. Before I could move, I was knocked down by Annabeth. I groaned and she jumped up.

"Oh! Sorry Percy. Where are we?" she said with a voice filled with awe.

"You're in the library of the Institute, and if you don't move soon, you'll get knocked down by Jace or Clary." a voice from above us said. I looked up and saw the boy with black hair was scowling at us.

"Oops! Sorry!" I exclaimed as I pulled Annabeth and myself out of the way.

"Don't say sorry to me. You're the ones who would've been pancakes." the boy said as he walked down the stairs.

"Are you Luke? Or Alec?" Annabeth asked the boy. He looked at her and started lauging.

"I'm Alec. Luke is the older guy." Alec said, as he finally smiled. Just then, a thud came right where I had just been standing with Annabeth. I looked over and saw Jace standing there with a huge grin on his face. He put a finger over his mouth, as if he was shushing us. Then a red blur came, and Clary landed, wedding style, in Jace's waiting arms. She grinned up at him.

"I knew you wouldn't let me fall." She said with a huge smile on her face. He helped her stand up, and she looked over at Annabeth and me. "Let's go get something to eat and talk about........stuff."Clary said grabbing Jace's hand.

"Let's go.....Shadowhunters." I replied grabbing Annabeth's hand. Jace's eyes narrowed.

"We'll lead the way demigods." he spat. Well, that escalated quickly. Note to self, Jace has a really bad temper.

Clary Fray POV:

As we walked down the hallways to the kitchen, I glanced up at Jace and saw that his teeth were clenched. "What's wrong Jace?" I asked worriedly.

"I don't like these people. Percy is way too full of himself. He acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. Don't give me that look. Yeah, I sound hypocrytical, but I AM the best thing since sliced bread." He mumbled the first part, and then grinned his grin through the last part. I just looked at him.

"Jace Lightwood! Are you jealous?" I asked in a shocked voice. He just laughed.

"Yeah, I'm jealous of the arrogant demigod. No! Of course I'm not jealous. I just don't need any more enemies. I'm sure you understand THAT." he said as he rolled his eyes.

"Not to interrupt anything up there? But when are we gonna be in the kitchen. It feels like this hallway has gone on forever." Percy said with a groan

"We're there. Ready for an interrogation?" Jace said with a grin