Paris Pt. 1

~Mallory~

...Time hop 3 months...

"All first class passengers on Gate K 24 for Paris, France may start boarding now." The lady over the airport intercom screeches.

"Leeet's go," Matt offers his hand to pull me up, knowing I'm tired.

"We'll be able to sleep on the plane." I hand my boarding pass to the ticket lady. "Thank you."

Once we were in our seats all situated, eventually I was set next to Matt, since Stacey wanted to sit next to the old lady. No one believed that was the reason due to the snicker he gave both Matt and me as we sat down.

"Isn't it ironic that ever since we boarded we can't fall asleep?"

"Irony taught!"

"You know Mal, irony isn't at all like literally."

"Literally?"

"Literally."

"Mmm, I could disagree."

"You probably won't disagree to this." He pulls out his phone and earbuds. "You can choose the music."

"I have a better idea!" I climb out of my seat and step over Matt's legs to get to my carry-on as quietly as possible. Quietly as possible though, doesn't work out.

"MAL!" I hear a whisper scream along with a small laugh.

"Shut up!" I try to stand up, with the help of Matt I finally get my I pad.

"What's so important?" He nags on.

"You'll see!" I say.

I turn on my I pad and pull up Netflix.

Matt intervenes to lack of knowledge, "That takes-"

"They updated it." I interrupt.

"Ooooh." There's a small pause before I open up the downloaded movies. "Rom coms, seriously?"

"Seriously!" I defend my love of romance movies

"Whatever." He rolls his eyes at me.

"Ok, should we watch 'All of Me' oooor 'My Fake Fiancé'?" I give him the choice even though he probably has never seen a romance movie in his entire life.

"Psh, you're asking me what romance movie we should watch. I just, just you choose it." He rubs a temple with a few fingers.

"Goody!" I clap a little loud than intended because of the joy I get in picking a movie to watch.

"I never thought of you to be the type to like Rom Coms." He shoots a glare at me.

"Well, you find something new every day." I smile.

"Mhmm." He nods.

"Have you ever been out of the country, Matt?" I break an awkward silence.

"Yeah, when I took my mission." He reminds me of his mission to Uganda. (side note- random country) (other side note- I am not Mormon #protestant)

"Oh yeah, well this is my first time." I roll my eyes since I completely forgot about the obvious.

"This is my first time to Paris though." He reassures me.

I glance over at him but as soon as he saw me I turned back to the movie. Matt then glances over at me and it keeps going back and forth until we both stopped. The very side of his hand rested on mine as they grew closer and closer to intertwine with one another.