Paris Pt. 2

~Matt~

Inspired by: 'Love Her Anyways' by Hearts and Colors

"So what should we do?" I stop in my spot and look over at Mal.

"Walk there?" She advises.

"That would take like an hour, at least. We also don't know our way around town." I say.

"We could get a map. It would be fun too." She starts walking again but I stay in place. "Come on!"

"What ever. Let's go to the nearest restaurant or something and get directions." I speed walk to catch up with her.

"Yay!" Mallory grabs my free hand as we walk down the surprisingly empty streets of Paris France.

It's a few silent minutes until Mallory feels a small raindrop on her nose. "We should go on that bench over there. Like homeless people. Because right now we are homeless people in France." She giggles.

"It was just a drop." I squint my eyes.

"It may start raining harder." Mallory pulls me over to a medium sized wooden and metal bench decorated with more flowers. I think I have come to the conclusion Paris is simply made up of girly little flowers surrounding the love birds.

"What ever." I roll my eyes and give Mal the space to lay her feet down on the whole bench. It's a few minutes when she falls asleep and not a single drop of rain has fallen.

"Good night Matthew." She says.

It's about ten minutes before I come to the realization. "I can't explain why I love her..." I say quietly, but just enough that Mallory puts on a small smile and I set my hand on her leg and eventually fall asleep.

"Good morning Matthew." I open an eye to roaming streets full of people and cars, but Mallory's face in particular is my favorite part.

"Hey skittle." I smile and push back a small piece of curly blonde hair overlapping her glasses.

"Skittle?" She tilts her head.

"It's cute." I respond.

"Like me, huh?" Mallory bops my nose with her finger.

"Ehhh..." I get up and help Mal to the small sidewalk.

"I must look terrible right now though. Sleeping on a bench wasn't my expectation of Paris." She says bluntly.

"Both, very true." I nudge her arm.

"You don't have to agree you know!" Mal opens her mouth in shock and pain. "Bully." She then mumbles.

"What did you say missy?" I start walking off with our suitcases and Mallory's hand in mine swinging back and fourth.

"We should go see Micheal! He can help us!" Mallory lets go of my hand and starts running in the direction of the small ice cream shop we came across last night.

The small bell on the door rings once we arrive in Micheal's shop.

"Madam Meese!" He comes around the counter and gives Mal a hug. "And Matthew." He grins and hugs me also. "How can I help you two today? You look very worn out."

"Oui. We slept on a bench last night because we don't have money for a taxi so we were wondering if you could help us out." Mal explains, just a little in French.

"Haha, oui Madam, here is one hundred euros! My gift to you! Congratulations!" He goes behind the counter again and pulls out a weird looking 100 dollar, or euro, bill and hands it to me.